8. Stupid

There's a silence that has now fallen between the two while they stand somewhat close though it feels like worlds apart.

The blonde's heart is still beating so hard that he's almost certain it's visible.

Those deep green eyes are having a hard time looking at him as red sneakers shift in the falling snow.

Katsuki practically holds his breath as he steps closer.

" What?"

Izuku glances up at him.

" W-what what?", he questions nervously.

" That last part, what did you mean by that? When you said it couldn't go further with anyone, at least not anyone else, what did you mean by that?"

Izuku begins to chew his lip with anxiety. There's so much he wants to say dancing on the tip of his tongue as he looks up into pricing crimson eyes that are burning into his soul.

There's a few beats of silence before Katsuki questions again.

" Deku? Answer me."

The greenett puffs his cheeks with a small nervous outburst.

" I .. I don't know exactly what I mean! But .. but I do know that I don't want you to be upset with me because it kills me inside and I do know that you definitely completely misunderstood what Mrs. Metzger said tonight because it's not true, I'm not seeing anyone at all, there...there is no one else, not now and not last year when I went back to school!", he pants with emotion running over.

Katsuki eyes him lifting a brow seeing the worked-up greenett who's on the verge of an anxiety attack if he's not careful. He has never liked to see Izuku get anxious like this and now is no different.

He sighs.

" All right Deku just calm down ok? I'm.. I'm not upset just fucking confused, but just take a breath nerd and calm down."

Izuku nods taking a deep breath to settle himself while Katsuki glances around the park.

A slight smile forms on his sharp features as he nods toward the ice rink.

" Wanna skate?"

The greenett looks up at him.

" But.. but we don't have our skates and you don't even have a coat on, you must be freezing Kacchan," Izuku says with concern.

The blonde shrugs.

" It's not that bad, besides I'll warm up if we keep moving and we don't need skates, we can skate like we did when we were kids remember?", Katsuki smirks.

Green eyes shift behind the blonde's shoulder to the rink behind him. A smile slowly takes hold because he does remember, remembers a time when they were in their first year of high school and he and the blonde had skated across this same rink in their sneakers, racing each other with breathless laughter.

He glances up at Katsuki with a smile and a nod.

" I do remember. But.. but I'm still worried about you being cold."

The blonde rolls his eyes.

" I'll be fine. Come on let's go."

With that Katsuki jumps over the fence onto the ice not bothering to use the gate.

Izuku laughs with a head shake because this is exactly how his childhood friend and crush as always done it.

He copies the blonde's movements climbing up and dropping down onto the slippery surface but as soon as his red sneakers hit the ice his feet go out from under him and once again he's saved by strong arms and a cocky grin.