9. The Right Direction

Early the next morning in Kirishima's apartment Katsuki is still grinning like an idiot as he gets his coffee.

He had a rough time getting any sleep last night but for once it wasn't from a tangled mind full of thoughts of what ifs and what happened, it was from a hug from a warm greenett and words of how nothing compared to last year's kiss dancing around inside his head.

He's lost in his own thoughts as he stirs the coffee in his mug when the voice of his best friend interrupts.

" Well look at you bro, first time I've seen you grinning like the Cheshire cat since you've been home. I take it things went well with Mido last night after you took off?", the redhead smirks stepping into the kitchen.

Katsuki smirks leaning back on the counter taking a drink from his cup before he answers.

" Shut up you shit, but yeah things went ok. We talked out some stuff, I mean there's still more but I got an explanation at least and we both fucked up really. Anyways it's a step in the right direction and we agreed that we gotta communicate better. We're gonna talk some more and maybe some one on one time while we're on break."

Kiri grins wide giving his best friend a fist bump.

" Sweet! I'm glad you both realized the communication thing has got to be better on both ends. Sounds like things are moving the way you want them bro! I'm happy for you. Now the most important question."

Katsuki meets his eye lifting a brow.

" What's that?"

There's a smirk on the redhead than a brow wiggle.

" Did you kiss again?"

The blonde rolls his eyes even though a smile is tugging at the corners of his mouth.

" No, you nosey fucker. He hugged me though. We'll take it step by step I guess and see what happens."

Kirishima smiles taking a sip of his coffee, taking a seat at his kitchen counter.

" You totally wanted to kiss him again, admit it bro.", he chuckles.

Katsuki eyes him then glances back at the coffee in his mug. There's a smile working its way to his face as he shrugs.

" I mean I wouldn't have complained about it but we're just starting to sort through shit so it can wait."

The redhead nods.

" Yeah, I suppose. So if you two do agree on a relationship what are you doing about school? You both go to different ones like five hours apart. I mean not that you couldn't do the long-distance thing then come home and hang together on breaks but it still would kinda suck."

The blonde furrows his brows in thought. They could pull the long-distance thing off but it's true that it would definitely suck and the thought of not being with Izuku if they became a real couple wasn't sitting well.

He shrugs again.

" That's another thing that would have to be figured out I guess. I mean, one of us could transfer to the others school if we wanted but that's getting ahead of shit. I'm just gonna focus on break and whatever the hell we can figure out."

Kirishima smiles.

" Good plan bro. He coming to your parent's place today?"

Katsuki nods.

" Yup, he'll be there."

The redhead chuckles.

" Better break out the mistletoe"