5. 𝐀 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭

HYEJIN'S POV

HYEJIN'S POV

''So, from where do you think we should start?'' said Jungkook as he sat beside me on the couch of our hideout. We had thought of almost every place possible for practicing the week project together, but nothing was coming out suitable. In the end, both of us just came to the hideout house because it was the best place we could practice in isolation, and no disturbances. And right here we were, after our day classes of our particular subjects.

''Why don't we just start by having a coarse idea of what we are actually going to do? Like basically a get to know each other in terms of music? It would be helpful to know what kind of music both of us indulge in.'' I suggested to him, looking up from my laptop as my software loaded on. Even if it has been quite some days we got to know each other, that too really good at personal levels, we both were still learning about each other as partners in the music class.

''That's a really good idea! We both really don't know about each other's music taste enough, and this could be a good way to learn that. So why don't we just talk about our solo projects first? The songs that we're going to do for the performance. It would help us both gain a first-hand idea of what approach both of us take in composing.'' Jungkook proposed the idea, which I instantly agreed to.

''That's an incredible approach! What song are you preparing for then?'' I asked him and he smiled at me before he started explaining, scooting closer to me as he showed me the process he used for composition of any song. He was using a self-written song
as his solo song, one of the most intriguing thing I found. The song named decalcomania and he explained to me how he actually made the song with his experience of how he felt at his previous high-school. The melody consisted of a really slow and steady, tranquil piano melody and a really basic jazz beat.

From the experience I could tell his main strength in his music was mostly his vocals, while he was able to compose at a really good level. He also adapted them according to the songs. I also came to learn the fact that he was quite passionate about how he actually trained his vocals, practicing them in the most random places possible. He also had a great talent with voice modulation, that he was not ready to accept he was good at. His voice normally was this melodical, smooth and flowy as he sung, but since we had to go out of our comfort-zones, he went with a song that challenged him to pursue his most negative part, according to him, as the song featured the lyrics and vocals with a raspy, deep voice.

I could swear, when I first heard him sing the song with that voice, I had literal shivers that ran down my spine. It did things to me and I really felt weird. We went through more of his interests as he kept talking, for half an hour, the shine in his pupils never leaving. And I could really tell by the way he talked about everything, he was really passionate about this. And I literally wanted to listen to him all day, but then he stopped as he looked at me.