2. 𝐀 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫?

.
.
.

"And that's the formation the assignment of this week requires. The assignments need to be done in pairs. You can choose your partners however you want. The due date is on sunday, and no one would be getting any extra time. Submit your pen-drives in the staff quarters to me if anyone wishes early submission. The class is dismissed.'' Mrs. Jang told us, grabbing all her things.

All of us stood up and bowed to her, ''Thank you professor.'' and she headed out of the classroom while nodding.

"What's your next class Jinnie?'' Tae asks me, flinging his bag's strap over his shoulder.

"I have performing arts for the next 4 hours. What's yours?'' I asked him back, taking my bag as we walked out of the classroom through the line.

"I have the language one. Your life is great my little mate.'' he responded in a sing-song voice. But I accept, language is really boring.

"Sad life to you hun'. But what if your actual mate would've heard you right now?'' I replied to him. I am a half-bood vampire. And undoubtedly, half-bloods are the most despised beings on earth if you'd ask from anyone formerly. We receive mutual hate from both sides, and it's calling out death if you're an open halfblood. We're only spared alive if we're a vampire's mate because vampire metabolisms go crazy without their mates. When I was in highschool, someone accidentally got to know that I was a halfblood. They announced it in the middle of the corridors, and everyone was almost ready to pounce on me before Tae came and bit me. I was freaked out, I thought he would kill me, but turned out that he claimed me as his mate. He has his real mate somewhere out there obviously, but till then, I'm happily living I guess. And I would never be able to repay his favour he did that day to me.

We had became closer after that day, and developed a friendship both of us really cherish. With him I always stay calm, and he always gives me a sense of comfort when I'm near him. I just always try to keep my feelings at bay, no wanting to take anything for granted.

"Oh stop kidding Jinnie! You and I both know that I would've gone haywire somehow if she was even near us right now.'' He taunted me back.

"Yes, yes I know. But how are you sure it's definitely a she?'' I asked while squinting my eyes at him.

"Because I know I'm definitely straight! Unlike someone..'' he responded, playing with my hurt nerve.

"Boi, everyone is gay for Bada and it's a fact ok? And don't say it like I haven't seen you simping over Jimin's thirst traps a bajillion times by now.'' I throw his trap back and he looks at me flustered.

"hEY! In my defence, everyone is gay for Jimin too!'' he shouted and I nodded at him while laughing as I entered my classroom.

I was a major in computer science at university, and had two minors in performing arts. The first class today was our singing and composing lessons. I wanted to skip the class today really badly to be honest, it was just the fact that Ali was here that prevented me from doing it.