Chapter 2

After a short walk through the wilderness, you suddenly find yourself being bathed by your rescuers in a tub filled with lukewarm water.

Within half an hour, your body seems to be sparkling like glitter. It was long since you had felt so refreshed as you're feeling today.

Currently, you are standing alone in the dressing room, facing a full-length mirror. You remove the towel that is covering your body.

Much to your surprise, you notice that your body looks a lot different, as though you've physically become more fit. You can't help but admire your curves and the shape of your butt. Your skin also seems softer and nicer.

Seeing your refined features, you are reminded of the sexy game characters whom you have always wished to look like.

"Damn... Is this really me?"

*Knock* *knock*

Your thoughts get interrupted by the sudden knock on the door. A voice comes from the other side, "I'm leaving these clothes here for you, okay?"

With that, the person disappears, along with the sound of footsteps gradually fading away into the distance.

You open the door and take the clothes -- a (your favourite color) bardot top and a pair of (your favourite color) shorts.

After putting on the given clothes, you follow through the hallway and open the door at the end which leads you to a vintage bar.

There are no customers at this time. You stand beside the bar counter, moving your eyes all over the room, inspecting everything around you when you hear someone's footsteps.

"Oh, there you are! Come on, lunch is ready!"

Turning to the source of the voice, you recognize the familiar face. The short girl in jeans is standing at the door, smiling at you.

She leads you to the dining room before gesturing you to sit down at the table. She sits beside you. The other girl brings and sets a pot on the table before removing the lid.

"Yeah! Today's pasta day! You're gonna love it. Sis makes the best pasta in the world!"

The young girl excitedly serves the food on two plates, one for you and the other for herself.

She takes a bite."Mmm... This is so goood! Come on, try some!"

Taking her encouragement to heart, you take a bite.

"So? What do you think?" The young girl asks eagerly.

"... It's really good!"

"I told you so, didn't I? Sis is the best at making pasta."

"All right, no more talking while eating. Finish your food before it gets cold, Jenny," advises the older sister.

"... Aren't you going to eat?" you ask the tall girl as she stands next to the kitchen counter, her body gently leaning against it.

"Nope, currently on a diet," she smiles, "Oh, by the way, I'm Carla. And she's Jenny. We're siblings. What's your name?"

"I'm y/n."

"Oh, such a beautiful name! I've never seen you around here. Where do you live?

"I live in (your city)."

"Hmm... Never heard of it. So, you're a foreigner. Say, what were you doing back in the bushes?"

Your fork drops at the question. you abruptly remember the situation you were in a while ago. What were you doing in a place like that? Why were you naked? Where even is this place? How did you even get here? What happened to the bag of chips and beer bottles you finished last night?

A horde of questions comes hurling into your mind, suddenly making you question everything that is going on. Your eyes widen in confusion as you stare vacantly into oblivion.

Noticing the growing bewilderment in your face, Carla reassures, "It's okay, no need to think that hard. It's fine to have secrets."

"No, I... Before that, where exactly is this place?"

"You mean our house? This is in Red Grave City."

You raise a brow, "What? Red Grave City?" You take a moment to process what you just heard."I don't think a city with that name actually exists."

"What do you mean? We are currently IN Red Grave City," Carla laughs.

"What are you talking about?" You ask perplexedly."How can a fictional place be real?"

"What do you mean by 'fictional'?"

You pause at Carla's question."....No, wait... I get it. You're a fan of the DMC series, aren't you?"

Carla tilts her head as if this were the first time she ever heard of that name. "DMC? What's that?"

".... Devil May Cry?" You answer.

"Did you just say 'Devil May Cry'?" Jenny excitedly asks while taking another mouthful of the pasta she was having.

"You know something about it?" questions Carla.

"Mmhmm", Jenny nods."It's a shop. Patty mentioned it when we were talking yesterday."

"Patty!?" you exclaim with disbelief.

"She's my friend. We go to the same school," replies Jenny.

"What did she say?" asks Carla.

"Oh, she was talking about the list of people she was gonna invite to her birthday party. She said she'd invite some guy working at Devil May Cry."

"Wait a minute, you're friends with Patty?" you inquire.

"Yeah. You know her?"

You pause for a moment before shaking your head, "No... it must be someone else. Patty is a common name for girls after all."

"Hmm, yeah. But how do you know about the shop though? Aren't you a foreigner?" asks Jenny.

"I wasn't talking about any shop, it's a video game."

"Oh... I don't really know much about games."

"That's not important. Umm... Do you know where that shop is or who runs it?"

Jenny scratches her head saying, "Uhh... I kinda forgot his name but I can get you the address. Patty knows it for sure."

"Thanks, that'd be great," you smile at Jenny as she smiles back, "You're welcome. But what're you gonna do with the info?"

"... I just want to confirm something," you assert before losing yourself in thoughts.

You don't know how you got here or why you're here and how to get back. Despite knowing nothing, you're getting a gut feeling that visiting the said shop will surely reveal truths regarding these mysterious events.