Chapter 1

"Aahhh, I'm bored to death..." With a grumble, you plop your head down onto your desk.

"Ugh... Why's life so boring? ...I wish the genre of my life would just change into something exciting."

As you uselessly sit in your chair, complaining about life, a gust of wind gushes in through the window next to the table, ruffling your hair. You turn to the window, staring at the sky as it steadily darkens with each moment that slips by.

"Guess the party's gonna be cancelled tonight..." Irritated at the thought, you turn your head back at the screen before you.

A sixteen-inch dark display has been staring at you for the past few minutes. It is the only priceless possession you currently have in your life: the gaming laptop you bought with your savings in your college days. At present, this laptop is your only companion in your miserably single life.

*Beep*

A buzzing noise catches your attention. You pick up your phone. Your friends in the group chat are making a fuss over the party being called off due to the gloomy weather. "How typical..."

You let out a small sigh before putting down your phone.

"Guess it's just you and me tonight."

Gripping your mouse, you press the power button. While waiting for the device to start, you get lost in thoughts -- I've finished Cyberpunk. Already done with Assassin's Creed. All clear in Resident Evil... I'll just play DMC 5. Oh! I'll download some mods for a little twist since I've practically memorized the original game.

With that in mind, you open your browser and download some mods for the game.

"All right, now it's show time!"

You excitedly click on the game, waiting for it to run on your device. However, the game doesn't respond.

"What? Is something wrong?" You mutter under your breath as you constantly click on your mouse, trying to run the game on your laptop.

Even after a hundred attempts, shit doesn't work.

"Dammit... This is frustrating as fuck!"

After cursing at the modders for the thousandth time, you realize your laptop just froze.

You stare blankly at the screen, your facial expression being void of any emotion.

"Right... Just my luck."

Surrendering to fate, you get up from your seat and head to the kitchen. Holding three bottles of beer and a family-size packet of chips in your hands, you get into your room and set yourself down on your bean bag. You reach out for the remote, putting the beer bottles on top of the table and placing the bag of chips on your lap.

"Guess I'll watch a movie." You begin streaming one of your favourite movies on the TV, then crack open the bag of chips and take a sip from the bottle of ice-cold beer.

Soon, you feel drowsiness creeping in as your eyelids grow heavy, and within minutes, they droop shut, drowning you into a deep slumber.

*
*
*

"...a.. high...lo...sle..."

"..ye...ma...e..."

What's that? ... A dream...?

You hear indistinct fragments of a conversation ringing in your ears from a distance.

Slowly, you open your eyes, only to set them on two other sets of eyes staring down at you with utmost interest.

You confusedly stare back. Those eyes belonged to two girls who were crouching down over you as you lay on the ground. You slowly get up, your eyes fixated on their surprised faces.

"Are you okay?" asks one of the girls.

You stare without a word.

"What's wrong? Can you speak?" asks the other girl.

"Y- yeah..." you mutter an answer without much thinking about the question.

One of the girls seems a bit taller and somewhat older than the other. They have the same red hair and blue eyes. The taller one was wearing a bottle green tank top with shorts while the other wore a pink crop top with jeans.

The girls exchange glances before the shorter one says, "Where are your clothes? Did you lose them?"

Your eyes widen in surprise upon hearing the question. You finally break your eye contact and take a look at yourself.

Much to your bafflement, you realize you're sitting on grass, in a jungle-like area, butt naked. A sudden inundation of embarrassment engulfs you. You hurriedly cover your chest with your hands and bring your knees close.

The girls grasp the advisability of your reaction as they exchange glances again, this time slightly nodding as if they were thinking the same thing.

"Come with us," said the taller girl with a gentle smile, extending a hand towards you.

You take the hand before she helps you up. You start walking along with them as they lead you through the maze of trees and bushes.