Chapter 12

Just as you're celebrating over devising such a brilliant plan, a knock on the door interrupts your moment. "Ugh... Wasn't he just sleeping?"

With a grumble, you get up and open the door. A tall Dante is towering over the entrance of your room.

Looking at him, you ask with a hint of displeasure, "What is it?"

He looks at you with a perky grin."Out of all the rooms here, ya had to choose this one."

You cross your arms, raising a brow before asking, "Why? This room's pretty nice."

He snickers and enters the room, prompting you to step to the side. His eyes dart around the place before he sits on the bed."Tell me something, are you afraid of bugs?"

"Bugs? No, not really. Why?"

"Oh, then it's alright. I figured I should inform ya that this room has a lotta bugs in it. Especially cockroaches."

"Cockroaches?"

"Yeah, bigger than the norm."

You pick up from his tone that he's merely trying to spook you for fun. So you decide to just roll your eyes and declare, "That's fine with me. I don't get scared seeing bugs."

"Oh, really?" he snickers, "Well, that's good then. Just don't come cryin' in the middle of the night if ya happen to see one."

You scoff at his derision.

"And also..." He adds, "You were makin' too much noise just a couple minutes ago. If you wanna stay in the house, you've gotta learn some manners."

"What are you talking about? I wasn't making any noise," you claim.

"You were. I heard ya scream right after you sneakily took your device and brought it here."

"I didn't scream, and I wasn't being sneaky. I just didn't want to disrupt your sleep."

"But you did."

"No way, I didn't make a single sound. I bet you weren't actually sleeping, were you?" you argue with confidence, placing your hands on your hips. In response, he just exhales a small breath and folds his arms, carefully gazing at you without giving any answer.

"I knew it," you sneer, "You don't have to hide the truth, you know."

He gets up wordlessly, advancing towards you with light footsteps. You glance into his eyes, his expression mild as he gets closer.

"What's wrong?" you utter, taking a step back.

He doesn't respond, getting nearer to you instead. You get a little nervous as you step a few inches back, bumping into the wall behind you. He places a hand on the wall to your left, leaning forward towards your pretty face. You promptly tilt your head up as you feel his breath stroking your cheek.

He smirks, amused at your stunned face as he brings his lips closer to your ear. With a low and husky voice, he whispers, "You seem to have forgotten that you're alone in a man's house."

...Huh!?

"You wouldn't want anything 'unexpected' happening to you now, would ya?" he purrs softly in your ear, tickling your delicate skin with his warm breath.

Wait... What!?

Your heart starts pumping rapidly at the tension, making you blush to your ears. If this holds on any longer, you might just explode like an atom bomb.

Without thinking, you instantly push him on his chest with all your strength, causing him to topple backwards.

"G- get off me!" you shout as he falls to the floor, landing on his butt. "Ouch..." he groans as he sits up, his hand placed over his waist.

"What the hell were you trying to do!?" you scream at him, pointing a finger. He slowly stands up on his feet, his face sour with a scowl.

"You could've just told me to move. Ya didn't need to push me like that," he grumbles with a frown.

Frustrated, you yell, "You're such a jerk!" You hastily stride towards him before pushing him on his back.

"Hey! What're ya doing?"

You ignore him. With a firm, continuous push on his back, you force him to step out of the room.

"Whoa- hey!"

You slam the door in his face, cutting off any further words he would have uttered. Exhaling a faint sigh, he silently stands in front of your door, shifting his weight from one leg to the other as he stares blankly at the wooden frame.

For a while, he just stands there motionlessly, slipping a hand into his jacket's pocket. He considers knocking on your door, but just as his knuckles approach the door frame, he hesitates, eventually withdrawing his hand.

He tries to listen if you're making any sort of sound in your room, but hears nothing. Eventually, he leaves the spot, getting off downstairs before walking out of the shop.