He's Dead

I walk into the living room to see Henry watching the news. I lean on the back of the sofa.

"Is there nothing good on?"

Henry turns his head to look at me, Henry-" It's the news! What I'm doing right now is called being educated on world issues!"

"Its propaganda! They don't always tell the truth, they change and twist the story! And they never say anything positive!"

Henry looks at me with sorrow in his eyes. He sits up and grabs the tv remote, he changes the channel to the local new. I stop leaning agents the sofa and I make my way to the kitchen. Ben is sat on one of the kitchen counter watching Thomas making grilled cheese. I just stand there watching Ben sitting down swinging his legs backwards and forwards like an over existed kid. It makes me happy to see Ben so care free, when we first met he was really uptight and he never broke the rules, and now he's happy and any stiped rule made to keep people apart he will brake though it with a sledge hammer!

Thomas turns to me with a bit smile on his face, Thomas- "What's up rubber duck?"

"WOW! That's such a dad think to say!"

Thomas lets out a small laugh, Thomas- "At least we know I'm doing my job right!"

Henry starts shouting at us from the living room, HENRY-"HEY GUYS YOU NEED TO SEE THIS QUICK!"

We all run into the living room. On the Tv it shows a man that was stabbed late yesterday. He died early this morning. They put a photo of the man up on the screen I insistently recognize him. It was the man Helena stabbed I thought I saved him.

Ben rushes over to me to comfort me as he think I'm going to blame my self, Ben- "Hey! Hey! Ren look at me this was not your fault ok! You did everything you could to help him!"

I stand in silence looking at his photo. Maybe that dream I kept having was right, a jar of ash of all the people that will die because of me.

I blink 3 times to try and snap out of my state- " I know! It's Helena's fault! She robbed his shop then killed him because I refused go with her after she robbed the place!"

Ben- "I'm so sorry, but it really isn't your fault!"

"I know, its hers! If I ever see her again I'm calling the police!"

Henry-"YEAH! GOOD FOR YOU REN!...... Wait who's Helena?"

I smile at Henry's innocents.

"I'm going to head to the shop see if any police are there so I can give then a description of her. Ben can you fill then in on what happened and why I'm NEVER going to trust anyone outside of this group ever again! Before you ask my siblings apply to that rule I trust them.

Henry shoots his head around and looks at me, Henry- "Siblings?"

"I said sister. You know Ge-Ge. Please pay more attention to Ben when he tells you what happened yesterday!"

I storm out of the house a bit pissed off that Henry can't listen to a simple sentences. I start walking to the shop though the dark ally we walked though yesterday. The shop is coved in police tape. I hide around the corner.