Chapter 5

Dean's POV
"What's wrong?"

"I ummm.....may have hit my.....you know. How did you do this so easily?" Cas said, making me realized he just banged his nuts on the metal railing. Sorry.

"Just get yer other leg over and push off with your hands." I said, holding out my arms to show him I'm there. Took him a moment but he did it, practically crushing me as I tried to catch him. At least we fell onto the grass and not the hard stone sidewalk.

"I'm sorry. Are you ok?" Cas asked, checking my body to see if I was hurt.

"I'm fine. I swear. You're just heavier than I expected."

"Are you calling me fat?" He asked, making me panic for a second.

"No! I mean, no. You're just.....built? All muscle. You're also a full grown man, so ya know." I said, Cas finally buying my apology as he helped me up. Once we got to the beach, the sunset was in full swing. Streaks of orange, pink, and red lit up the clouds and water like a frigging painting. We walked hand in hand for a while until I saw a pretty seashell that I just had to pick up.

"For you, my dear." I said, offering it to Cas who smiled and took it from me.

"You know....I'm not sure if you can take shells from Hawaiian beaches. There are some laws about the ecosystem or something, I read about it once." He said, making me a bit sad since it was a really pretty shell and I wanted him to have it. But then I had an idea.

"Well......what if......we made a super awesome sandcastle and decorated it in shells? The shells can stay on the beach, but we can take a picture......would that be ok?"

"I think that would be very ok." He said, smiling at me as we scavenged the beach for shells and put in all our artistic and building skills to make a sandcastle. Ok....maybe it looked a bit like a toddler made it, but it was all our own. Placing the first shell I found front and center, I stepped back to admire our work.

"Yeah.....we did it. Hey, Cas. Wanna sit behind the castle so I can take a picture?" I asked, Cas sitting on his knees behind and slightly to the side. He gave a peace sign and I got down on my knees for a better angle. There. Once I took the photo, I felt a sudden warm and wet feeling around my knees and shorts. Why is Cas laughing?

"Dude! Why didn't you tell me the tide was coming in?" I asked, seeing the guy shrug innocently. Ok that's it.

"We should take a picture together. Come here, Cas." I said, gesturing with a single finger for him to come over but he knew what was up and made a break for it. Guess I was chasing him down the beach. And I did until I managed to tackle him into the water, both of us getting wet and sandy all over. At least we were laughing. When we finally had enough, I still took a picture of us with my waterlogged but still functioning phone. We looked like a mess, but it's the memories that matter.

Walking back into the lobby, no doubt an employee giving us a weird look at our appearance, we ran into Jimmy at the top of the stairs.

"I told you to apologize.....not duel it out."

"Oh I did apologize. This happened after." I said, Jimmy still not convinced.

"I didn't tell Dean the tide was coming in, so he got wet and got revenge by dragging me into the water. It was all in good fun, don't worry." Cas explained, grabbing my hand to show him we were on good terms now.

"Ok well that's good, but you guys might wanna take a shower before the luau tonight."

"Oh yeah that was tonight. Never been to a luau before. Lemme guess, Chuck's gonna be there." I said and Jimmy nodded. I haven't spent too much time with the guy, but I can tell he doesn't like me very much. I don't understand his weird double standards with me and Cas and Sam and Gabriel, but whatever. Only a few more days till I'm out of his hair. Saying a quick goodbye to Jimmy, we went back to our room and I let Cas have the first shower.