chapter 1 - moving!!

PLEASE READ THE WARNINGS IN THE DESCRIPTION BEFORE YOU READ! DO NOT COMPLAIN, IF YOU DON'T READ THE WARNINGS AND ARE TRIGGERED BY ANYTHING IN THIS FANFIC, IT IS YOUR FAULT.

AUGUSTINE POV

° ° °

Winnie. It's been so long since I've seen him. He hasn't contacted me in months. Why? I don't know. After everything we'd gone through, being masked by my jealousy, Winnie letting go of me, defeating that fucking bearelkthing, why?

Had I done something wrong? Did he think he was better than me? No. I can't go back to this way of thought.

I had attempted to reenter the university again. I hadn't gotten my result yet. But they said I'd get it today. Where is it? [idk how university entries work, im not in uni erm..]

I sat down in front of my computer and clicked my emails. There it was. A fresh email, only an hour ago was it sent. Why hadn't I thought to check it earlier?

I sigh, and click the email. Skimming through it, I paused and laid my eyes upon a single word. Accepted. My jaw dropped and I gaped at the screen.

What?! No. This isn't real. Really?! Accepted into Winnie's uni! The thought was merely impossible!

I grabbed my laptop and rushed downstairs, heading towards my mother.

"Mom! Look! You know how Winnie went to this university? I got accepted!" I point excitedly at the screen, though I was still somewhat in denial.

She raised a brow, giving me a look before glancing down at my laptop. Her gaze went to and fro, reading each line. Then, it stopped.

"Oh, Augustine!" She stood up, grabbing my computer from me and setting it on the table across. She pulled me into a hug, burying her face in my neck.

"Sweetie, that's awesome! Good for you! Now, when do you want to go?" She asked. Before I could answer, my mom spoke up again.

"Ah, let's just start packing now! Why don't we move there, next to Winnie?" She gave me a huge grin. "There's an open lot next to them! Winnie's father told me about it."

Just the thought of living next to him! Oh my god! Really?! I nod rapidly. "Yeah, sure!"

I then take my laptop back and head upstairs. A sudden wave of guilt washed over me. What if they didn't want us there? What if Winnie had better friends than me? What if?!

I began to tear up. No, I couldn't do that. Wiping my face, I grab some cardboard boxes from my closet and begin to stuff them full. I pause, my gaze landing on the bear plush.

He was so old, his fur matted and flattened, his eyes matte black. They weren't even the slightest shiny anymore.

I hope Winnie still has the elk doll. It was how we introduced ourselves as kids. Winnie had the elk, I had the bear.

I decided to not pack it, stuffing it in my backpack. The bear was such a cherished item of mine. I only hoped Winnie cherished his the same I did for mine.

It was late midnight when I finished. My room was bare besides a bed. It would probably take a while to sell, but Mom said we'll leave tomorrow.

WINNIE POV

° ° °

University had been so hard on me recently. Even more recently, Augustine had ghosted me. Just like in that hallucination, dream, flashback thing.

Why? Had I done something? No. Oh dear God. I hope he's not jealous still! I frown, beginning to sulk in my dorm.

I couldn't sleep tonight. All that was on my mind was; is Augustine safe? Does he hate me? Did he die?! Did Auggie ditch me!?

° ° °

Early in the morning I woke up. I fell asleep eventually, but not for long. A calm Sunday. I was woken by my phone ringing. I opened my eyes, half conscious. The contact was listed as Dad.

What did he want? I swiped the answer button, pressing the phone against my ear.

"Yes, Dad?"

"Winnie, Augustine's here."

A/N

hi! I can't find ANY cold front fanfics between augustine and winnie, so I'm making my own. hope u enjoy. I will try to make it as canonically close to the game as I can 🥰🥰