Chapter 25: Life's Not Fair

I leaned in until my lips were a breath away from his, feeling my heart stutter nervously in my chest. 

His eyes fluttered closed, his pink lips parting softly as he anticipated my touch.

"Jake," I breathed, my gaze fixed on his closed eyes.

"Mmm," his chest vibrated low in response.

"I'm going to kiss you now."

I almost smacked my head at how awkward and unsexy the choice of words had been.

His lips quirked up into an amused grin but he kept his eyes closed. "Go for it."

I exhaled slightly, trying to calm myself as I erased the final distance between us, pressing my lips to his.

His lips parted wider upon my touch and I felt his hands slide up to grasp my hips

I rolled my lips against his, reaching up to touch his cheeks and feeling my fingertips brush against the loose curls that framed his face.

He started to take control of the kiss suddenly and in a desperate struggle to regain power I found myself grasping his bottom lip between my teeth and pulling it into my mouth. Unsure of what to do at this point I hesitated, feeling my cheeks heat up at the awkward situation I'd found myself in.

"What now?" Jake mumbled with his bottom lip still awkwardly clasped in my mouth.

"Quiet you," I scolded. I decided to draw his lip into my mouth and suck on it. This seemed to earn a very positive response as a moan sounded deep in his throat and his fingers dug into the skin on my hips.

All of a sudden he was grabbing me by the waist and lifting me off his hips, placing me further up on his stomach. My brow furrowed in confusion but I was quickly distracted by his hot breath inside my mouth.

"Stace," he groaned huskily. Heat flared on my cheeks at the sound of my name said in such a sensual manner.

I thought maybe now would be a good time to stop as A) he seemed very turned on and B) I was feeling very, very nervous and... also turned on.

I began to pull away when I got an idea. To cover up the motion I moaned his name softly and then quickly pressed my lips to the base of his jawline, moving to the hollow of his ear and down his neck. He grasped my hips roughly and uttered a cuss word under his breath.

Bingo.

I opened my lips into an 'O' shape and began gently sucking, urged on by the soft sound of his panting. As I continued sucking and feeling his fingers dig painfully into my hipbones all I could think was: I hope I'm doing this right, I hope I'm doing this right, I really hope I'm doing this right.

Finally I drew my mouth away with a satisfying 'pop' and looked down on my handy-work. Or more like mouthy-work.

A dark reddish bruise sat proud on his his tan skin. I'd placed it high enough on his neck that nothing but a turtle neck could hide his embarrassment.

"Well, I best be going," I said in a cheery voice, swinging my leg off him and standing up. "Enjoy your present."

"What?" he mumbled hazily, his brow furrowing in confusion. "What present?"

I smirked. "It's a surprise, Jakey-boo. Toodles!"

With that I strode off the balcony, a triumphant smile beaming across my face.

I win.

~~~

A week passed since Jake's encounter with karma. His beautiful hickey was discovered pretty fast after the incident of it's birth. Irritatingly enough, Jake wasn't too off put by the new mark on his neck. I was utterly dismayed when the marking turned against me as something he held proudly on his neck. When people asked he was not ashamed to point to me as the culprit. Luckily not many people asked.