Chapter 4: Blueberry Pancakes

Jake's POV

I woke up and startled myself when I realized I had slept. A smile tugged at my lips as I looked down at the angel sleeping in my arms.

Her head was lying on my chest while I wrapped one arm loosely around her. Her eyes fluttered open and her mouth closed, parted and closed again, putting me in a trance as her pink lips pressed together. They looked so soft and plump all I wanted to do was feel them against mine.

All of my thoughts were pushed out of my mind when I felt a fist jab my ribcage.

"Ow," I murmured, rubbing my side with my free hand.

She glared up at me and tried to push my arm off of her. I tightened my grip around her, offended that she would break this perfect moment.

"What are you doing?" I asked, embarrassing myself by showing the hurt in my voice.

"What are you doing?" She countered, staring up at me.

I smiled and wrapped my free arm around her, pulling her closer to me. She growled and tried to push me away.

"Don't make me hurt you," she warned, glaring at me. I raised an eyebrow and let my hand slide down to her thigh.

She took in a sharp breath and pushed her knee sharply up between my legs.

I gasped and my arms automatically went to my soft spot.

She grinned and stumbled out of the bed, the covers falling off her body. I gripped myself but I still couldn't help staring at her beautiful body. She was so hot, the curves all perfectly placed on her smooth skin. I can't believe I'd never realized this before.

She gave me a confused look, tilting her head to the right just slightly. I chuckled and got up, stumbling into the bathroom.

I heard Stacy take in a sharp breath behind me and I turned to her, worried that something might be wrong. Her eyes were widened and her lips were slightly parted as she stared at my chest.

Oh, that's it; I'm not wearing a shirt. I grinned and flexed slightly, letting her see my full muscles. She got herself together and looked away, rolling her eyes slightly.

What was that? Ugh, she's so confusing! She goes from being my best friend to play hating me to acting like she's attracted to me and back again. Why does she have to have such conflicting emotions?

I sighed in defeat and stumbled into the bathroom, slipping my jeans off and kicking the door closed behind me. I let my boxer's fall off next and stepped into the shower, turning it on so it was nice and hot. The water beat down on my back and I sighed in content, feeling my muscles relax noticeably.

Grabbing my shampoo off the shelf, I lathered my hair with my shampoo. I felt a smile creep onto my lips as I remembered when Stacy told me; "You stay over here so much you might as well just put your own shampoo in the shower!"

At the time, she was angry with me but I didn't let it stop me from carrying out the suggestion. After rinsing my hair thoroughly I stepped out of the shower and dried off, slipping a towel around my waist and stepping out into Stacy's room, the steam from the bathroom filling its new space.

Stacy's eyes widened slightly as she saw me enter the room.

"What no gasp?" I teased, causing her to stop what she was doing, shocked that I had heard her from earlier.

"I didn't gasp," she protested, pulling her clothes out of the drawer and walking into the bathroom.

"Just keep telling yourself that," I called after her, causing her to scoff and slam the door closed.