Chapter Twelve

Be a beauty with brains and a pretty with heart.
                             ~Bluey writer♣~
______________________________________________________________
    1/1/2024. Happy new year everyone! May Allah swt forgive our sins, forgive our deceased ones and grant shifaa to the sick ones. Our brothers and sisters in Palestine may Allah make it easy for them and give them strength to endure the hardship. Rabana atina fi duniya hasana wa fil akhirati hasana wa qina azaban nar. Happy new year once again. Alhamdulilah!

  Boring is the word I am feeling so bored. Farha has gone to school. Aunty fadima who gists me at times is also not around. Mr husband is in Switzerland. I missed him a pinch of little. His voice,his mint scent,and the black smoky eyes. I sighed. I stood up from my bed and went downstairs. As usual the maids are working up and down. I greeted them all and went to the kitchen. Celestine has already cooked lunch  she is putting the food in the warmers.

   "Miss Najma morning"

"Celestine ya kike ya jin dadin ki? (How are you?and enjoyment?)

   " lafiya" (good) she said.

  "Oh wow you really are learning hausa. It's good" I said

She shyly smiled and nodded. Well celestine is from Philippines and she is married with a child.

    "Where is junior" I asked referring to her child.

"He's at home" she said.  I stretched out a  smile and asked her to extend my regards. She is moses (Ayzar's driver)wife that was much of a surprise to me.

   I helped celestine with the drink making which is tiger nut and ginger drink. I chit chatted with her before I went  back to my room. An idea struck me and I closed the novel I am reading and went to Ayzar's room. I changed the black bedsheets to a leopard printed bedsheet. I made the bed and changed the pillow case. I moved to the closet and arranged Ayzar's clothes again. I know I am crazy but you know when monotony turns to your friend you ought to do so. I moved to his bathroom and washed it. Placing a burner with the sandal woods. I swept and mopped the room and living room. Once I am done I felt satisfied and smiled.

     I opened the windows to let light illuminate. I imagined him coming back from his business trip and seeing his room a different one. I know I am dead,because those black eyes would stare me till death. But he is not coming back anytime soon so let me enjoy myself. I remembered seeing a makeup kit in the closet so I went and got it. I have it in my room also but nah I feel like using this one. Aunty Fadima told me the reason why I have a closet in my room and his room is to make it easy if I am using either of the rooms.

    The last time I did something called makeup  by myself was since I am in junior secondary school if I could  remember well. I removed my niqab and looked at my face in the mirror before I started with my business . I started by using the cleanser to clean my face. Painting,brushing, cleaning till I am done. I looked at myself in the Mirror and burst into some series of laughter. Aljanah najma kenan (jinn Najma) I said to myself. I looked like a gorilla with makeup. I saw a phone in the closet probably belonging to Ayzar and I took pictures with it. I went to the bathroom to clean my face when I came out I saw Ayzar. No definitely i am assuming things. I moved to the room and he really is the one seated on the arm chair.