Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

“Ohhh Lucas I’ve missed you. You’re quite hard to track down. What are you doing hiding away in a forest in the middle of nowhere?”

“Hiding from you,” I said seriously.

“Don’t be like that,” she looked at me with puppy eyes.

“You left me to be kidnapped and tortured by angry villagers, what do you expect me to be like?” I snapped.

“About that…” she moved towards me swaying her hips with that mischievous look in her eyes.

“You were selfish! You said you wouldn’t leave me?!”

“Yes…well…I was scared.” She fluttered her eyelashes.

“Just go!” I growled. Pft she was scared, I was the one locked up being tortured month on end.

“No!” she said stubbornly. As fast as lightening I pushed her against the wall with such force her elbows made indentations in the plaster. As she drank human blood she was stronger and used all her power to shove me back and put all her force into my chest. My feet we swept from under me and I fell to the floor with a loud bang.

“I know you’ve missed me don’t deny it,” she whispered. Daisy straddled my waist and leaned over me. Her long hair falling onto the floorboards beside my head. She stared at me with her piercing eyes sending me into a hypnotised state. A wicked smile spread across her lips as she bought her lips closer and closer to mine. I was completely frozen. Our lips touched gently at first like she was teasing me, all of our memories together came flooding back. I remember how I felt. I loved her so much and would’ve done anything for her. However I knew the feeling wasn’t mutual. When we first met we were just accomplices, she was always sleeping with other men when we were traveling together. We used to sleep together but the next day she’d be with another man. She has never said she loves me even though I used to tell her all the time. Something came over me, all the want and need for her over the past one hundred and twenty years was rushing through my veins.

I mustered the strength to push her off me, our kiss became desperate as we fell into the furniture. “I knew you still loved me,” she growled as she pushed me into the hallway. I hit a table sending the vase crashing to the floor. I grabbed the material to her black cardigan and ripped it off in one tug. We progressively made our way to the stairs where she grabbed the opening to my shirt and ripped it open.

I had layed awake all night just staring at the ceiling. After I had gotten the need for Daisy out of my system all I could think about was Roxy. I couldn’t get her out of my head even though I’d just had a night of sex with the woman I used to feel so passionately about. I sighed and rolled over to face Daisy who was peacefully asleep. Last night I was craving her- like when you’re trying to give up smoking you want a cigarette so bad so you give into temptation and have one…but as soon as you’re finished you feel very guilty and wish you didn’t have it. That is how I was feeling.