Chapter Four

Chapter Four

My memory felt like it was loading like slow website. Gradually little snippets flashed in my head “I- I was at the party,” I frowned with deep confusion. Then my brain kicked in and I remember that bastard on top of me. Did it happen? Did Matt actually…you know. I heard mum chatting to one of her friends downstairs once and she was saying how she couldn’t walk for a day after she lost her virginity. I wasn’t in any pain so I assumed he didn’t go through with it and for what reasons I don’t know. I suddenly felt embarrassed at how naïve I was and because how close our faces were. I could feel his breath caress my face as he stared down at me. “Umm can you-“ I stared at my wrists that were still restrained by his hands. Our matching grey eyes met forcing my cheeks to heat with blush.

“Sorry,” he apologised and gently loosened his grip. When my memory had finally loaded I remembered the last time I saw him. I don’t have a clue how I got back here. Once again panic set over me. I swung my legs over and placed my feet on the floor. My legs still felt so weak and jelly like I struggled to stay standing. I rushed to the kitchen and reached the unit in time to lean on it and support myself. I looked down to the floor and took a deep breath in.

A gentle hand touched my shoulder out of nowhere causing me to flinch.

“Sorry,” he removed his hand. I wanted to break down and cry and for my mum to hug me and tell me everything is going to be fine. My throat ached as I tried to hold back the sobs. I knew that he knew what happened however I really didn’t want to discuss it. If he brought the subject up I would feel as awkward and embarrassed as I did when my Dad and I had the ‘birds and the bee’s’ chat.

“Have you had anything to eat?”

“Urm I can’t remember,” I stuttered standing up and glancing down at my t-shirt. There was a rip in the neckline then a large damp patch which stank of vodka. Lucas had disappeared from beside me and was now rummaging around in the cupboards.

“You don’t have to do that,” I sighed.

“I know I don’t have to but I want to,” he said smugly as he removed his leather jacket and hung it over one of the chairs. “Why don’t you go and have a shower and get changed while I make us something?” he suggested. I didn’t think it was such a good idea because I hardly knew him. I really wanted to know how I go back here without bringing up the subject of being attacked. I gently nodded at his suggestion and slowly made my way over to the stairs.

“…where did you go?” I stood on the first step.

“I was away on business,” he answered quickly which made me slightly suspicious.

“Can I trust you not to burn my house down?” I asked as he turned the cooker on.

“I’m not promising anything,” he chuckled darkly.

I found myself once again staring into the bathroom mirror.