Chapter One

Previously called 'Vampire Love (Damon Salvatore)' but it was written over three years ago when my writing skills were that of a ten year old. I actaully cringed at the awful grammar and spelling. So I guess you could say the story has had a revamp. Hope you enjoy x

Lucas Taylor- Ian Somerhalder

__________________________

Chapter One

The trees around me seem to blur as my head felt as if it was spinning. I lie on the snow covered forest floor completely paralysed by the below zero temperature which left me unable to speak or move. Drowsiness washed over me as the sound of frozen leaves crunching under feet hastily approached. I’m done with this miserable life; I don’t want anyone to find me. I’d appreciate it if he could just leave me alone and let me die peacefully. Half of my face felt numb as I’d been resting my head on a blanket of snow for God knows how long. Two feet appear in front of my face, he’s here.

“Roxy try to stay awake for me,” his smooth voice instructed. My heavy eyelids closed in defeat unable to fight the blackness washing over me.

-Six months before-

Hopping off the minibus I arrived at school. It’s July, the last day of year ten crept up upon me. I was so glad to be moving into the final year of high school in September. I’m fed up of being treated like a child. I want to get started on earning qualifications, three more years of education before I can get into University. In a dream I strolled through the canteen “Cheer up it’s the last day of term,” Rachel my best friend jumped up behind me. A smile crept onto my face; Rachel seemed to always have that effect on me. She has a reason to be happy and cheery all the time; she’s perfect in almost every way. Emerald eyes stood out from her shoulder length black hair and pale skin, her figure always seemed to attract attention from the boys. She’s pale…but not as me, no one can beat me in that department. The thought of next year daunted most people, all of the exams and coursework. But I was motivated and ready to get stuck in also I might finally see the back of some of these pricks that are in my year.

The day seemed to drag on, we didn’t actually do any work in lessons. They gave out crosswords and word searches for us to ‘attempt’ some of them even treated us like year sevens and told us to make posters, oh how I love getting creative (hint the sarcasm). Last lesson I had to endure an hour of science with a supply teacher. The table at the back of the classroom contained the ‘popular kids’, they stood trying to look hard wearing their branded clothing. Harry, one of the less popular kids, was just minding his own business waiting at his desk like everyone else.

“Woo nice coat Harry,” Harley ran around the back of the chaotic classrooms waving Harry’s coat around. Harry stood holding onto it for dear life looking rather upset. I glanced at the young male supply teacher standing at the front looking in a text book and rolled my eyes. ‘That’s right just stand there, it’s not like there isn’t bullying taking place under your supervision’. I couldn’t just be a bystander any longer and drifted over to assist Harry in his battle to retrieve his coat. I stood behind Harley “Come on Harry is that all you’ve got?” he snickered gaining laughs from the rest of his group.

“Harley just-“ he suddenly let go. Whack.

Before I knew it I was landing on my arse gripping my mouth. The metallic taste of blood invaded my taste buds. The room fell deadly silent all eyes on me. The bell rang echoing throughout the classroom which snapped me out of my trance. My hand tapped around on the floor beside me before I finally felt the strap to my bag. I hauled myself to my feet and stormed ahead of the class “Roxy! Are you okay?” the supply shouted after me. Oh so finally he pays attention to his class when one of the students have been assaulted, just the kind of teachers we need.