Chapter Six

Hello lovely people, so here is another chapter for you. It's quite long but hopefully good quality. Pretty please quickly click 'vote' if you would like me to keep writing. I hope you enjoy it <3

-------------------------

-Roxy-

I stood in front of the fire gazing down at the flames when I registered his presence in the corner of my eye. “I see murdered don’t get a lot of present,” I hinted towards the tree.

“I don’t know what happened. The smell of blood just sent me into a frenzy. As soon as one drop touched my lips I exploded with energy and…he got in the way.”

“Are you going to explain the other thing?”

“I was out hunting for blood moving from town to town and took a short cut through this village hoping there would be someone in the woods so I could make it look like an animal attack.”

“So your hunt consists of murdering innocent people?” I butted in.

“It did do…unit I dragged you from the car. I saw how much damage one lost life could do to someone. I started living on animal blood. I was searching for a human when I heard a mighty smash and screaming. I went to investigate and followed the tyre tracks that led to the river.” He took a step towards me resulting in me moving back slightly “When I saw the car hanging over the river I couldn’t stand there and watch. I didn’t know how many people were in there. When I got to you I knew the car was going to drop in less than a minute.” He kept moving towards me staring at me with those stormy grey eyes. I’ll never be able to look at him in the same way now I know what he is.

“Obviously I chose to save you and as soon as you were out the branch the car was leaning on snapped…it was too late. I rode in the ambulance with you and when the doctors told me you were okay I left the hospital before your parents arrived.”

I felt so guilty knowing that he chose to save me and not my aunty. I felt worthless like I didn’t deserve to be alive

“I wish I died that night instead,” I muttered under my breath staring at the blazing fire.

“Don’t speak like that,” his hand touched my shoulder. I gasped with fright as my heart thumped against my rib cage.

“I’ve told you I would never hurt you, you don’t need to be scared of me.” He tried to reassure me. A few days ago I was nervous around him because he was so handsome but now I’m nervous because I’m waiting to rip my throat out.

“A few hours ago I watched you suck my next door neighbour’s body dry so I apologise if I’m a little on edge around you. I don’t know what you are anymore.” I shook my head with disbelief.

I took a refreshing breath “Thanks for rescuing me three times but I think it would be better if you stayed away from me…”