《Letting Go》

Flipping through a magazine as I waited for customers while soft music played. This was the norm for a work day.

I kept looking up at the door every now and then. It felt like I was waiting for him to text me all over again, except I was waiting for him to walk through the door.

I hate this, I hate him. Why do I always do this? Care and wait for him? Just once, I want him to wait on me. Wait, how the hell did he know where I worked? I don't know anything about him...

San's POV.

I smiled washing Jiu's hair as she sat in the tub. She smiled softly at me as I rinsed the conditioner out of her hair, making me smile widely.

"Sannie?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Am I holding you back?" She asked, making me look at her.

"From what, baby?"

"From whatever you want to do in life."

"Jiu, all I want to do is take care of you. Baby, I love being with you," I said caressing her cheek softly.

"Would you ever fall out of love with me?"

I sighed looking at her. I don't really know how to answer that without upsetting her. She's really special to me and definitely holds a place in my heart and I want to always be there for her...but I have fallen out of love.

"I will definitely always love you."

"But," She said looking at me with a saddened smile and I shook my head with a small smile as tears filled my eyes.

"San, I don't want you to take care of me our entire life together-"

"But-"

"No but's. San, I love you so much and I'm so grateful to you for always being there for me. But I can't help the way I feel. Baby, I'm tired of weighing you down from what you really want."

"Jiu-"

"No San, we have this conversation all the time and it goes nowhere...I know that you don't look at me the same anymore. You look at me with love in your eyes, but I know that there is no love for me. I know what real love looks like in your eyes, I saw it on our first date...on our wedding day. I don't see it today, I haven't seen it in a while."

"Baby-"

"I just ask one thing of you," She said looking at me and I nodded slowly, putting my hands in my lap, "Please don't ever look at me like a charity case."

I nodded before kissing her softly and she wrapped her arms around my neck and hummed against my lips, making me smile against hers before we pulled away from the kiss.

"I do love you, Jiu. I would never look at you like a charity case. I love being with you and taking care of you. You mean so much to me and you always will. I married you, not because I thought that I needed to take care of you, but because I really..."

"You can say it," She said looking at me and I nodded slowly.

"Loved...you."

"I know and I'm not mad at you, so don't think that I am. It's alright that you don't feel the same way anymore, people fall in and out of love all the time, so I'm not going to be upset with you. Hurt? Yes, but upset? Never. San, I just want you to be happy, so....I think we should get a divorce," She said, making my eyes widen.

"Jiu-"

"We both know that this is for the best. I love you, but I'm not going to make you love me. That's not fair to either of us."