Chapter IV

𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛

Nillia pov:

The opinion on our current situation thankfully went a little up, as soon as the first month passed, when I was finally allowed to visit the human. I did, about two times, and the state I witnessed her in was everything but pleasant to see. She did still welcome my presence, but barely spoke more than two sentences with me.

So it's safe to say Edward broke her.

As time went by, the rest of us started to settle in more as well and slowly accepted London as their new home. Except for one vampire that always seems to ruin the mood.

Edward has not been himself ever since we left the small town like he wished. He began to leave the house more often, which is no particular reason to be concerned, but we questioned it as soon as it went above his usual hours to depart from the house. Nobody knew when he was returning, yet neither did he tell anyone where he was going all this time.

It got to the point where he barely was home, and stopped talking to his family entirely. Carlisle and Esme were extremely worried about their son. I do understand that they want him to be well, I do too. But to be wholly honest, I do not feel bad for him at all.

Because of the decisions he made, we all were forced to leave Forks, Bella and our life there. I blame him for that. I'm in strong belief that it could've ended differently if he allowed it to play out.

Nevertheless, I had Alice, and everything seems to be a little better when she's around. Even if no peace appears to be there.

Times as right now.

Like the horrifying look she held on her face when she was pulled out of the vision she was sucked in just now.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder as she continued to stare to the ground, unable to say anything. Her face became even more pale, if that's even possible and it became clear that the pixie saw something that wasn't very pleasant to her.

"Alice?" Her name rolled off my tongue more gentle than anything I have ever said before. Yet as expected, she didn't move a bit, her eyes continuing to glare at the deep nothingness. "Baby what did you see?"

Her head spun to me within a second, the smile that formed on her lips, weak but big. "It was nothing darling, how about we watch a movie or something, it was a long day" Her hand stroked some hair out of my face, while she visibly tried her best to avoid my eyes, not wanting to tell me what she saw.

"Alice what was it that you saw?" The put on smile faded slowly but soon it was completely gone, replaced by the earlier look of horror on her face. "Nila I don't thi-" I interrupted her before she had the chance to say what I surely didn't want to hear.

She sighed as I called her name mid-sentence, "Bella she.." My mate's soft voice trailed off, rethinking her decision in telling me. "She what Aly?"

Her hands found their way to my cheeks as fear began to rise up in me. What could she possibly have seen to make her that terrified.

"She killed herself"

In a second, the dark haired was pulling my frozen body close to hers, wrapping her arms tight around my vulnerable figure. She kissed my forehead, her lips not letting go of the contact my skin provided her with. The pixie was suffering under the new information just as much as I did, yet she was here to comfort me, forgetting about her own needs. "I'm so sorry" I could hear her cry out. But no tears left neither my, nor her eyes.

I often asked myself why our kind would refer to themselves as soulless monsters - because in the end of the day, we're all just humans, whom it was decided for to live an endless life.

But looking at us right now, we didn't even had the ability to cry over our best friends death. All we did was sitting on our bed in which we couldn't sleep in and stare at the wall. Our body's frozen at all the pain that came with just one vision. Our lungs closed from the pressure that we couldn't let out, because when we died, a part of our body died with us. That's how we were supposed to endure our suffer.

Maybe we are monsters. Maybe our soul was taken away from us. And maybe I'm not anything like a human after all. I wanted to scream, kick, cry for my best friend. Yet I couldn't do anything. I couldn't feel anything. I didn't have any humanity left like I hope I did, and I only realized it when someone was killed because of the soulless monstrous kind I was part of.

I didn't notice how hard my body was shaking when Alice shushed me and ran her fingers through my hair. "Please t-ell me it's not t-rue A-lice" It was hard to understand me, due to my voice trembling with every word I said. But she still managed to do, laying her finger over my mouth right after, since she knew I didn't had the strength to talk.

"I saw her jumping of a cliff, nothing else after that" My girlfriend stated, slowly looking in my eyes, to see if I was okay with hearing that. My lips parted as a much clearer sound came out, "So perhaps she was just doing something stupid"

Alice shrugged exhaustedly, exhaling as she ran her hand through her short hair. "There's only one way to find out"

So here we were, on our way back to Forks. The ride was quiet, just the voice in my head, praying that Bella was okay. We only told Rosalie about it, because she is most likely the best in keeping secrets, especially when it comes to hiding them from Edward. So the only thing that was left to hope for is to come back home, with the knowledge of Bella being safe.

———————————

lololol

Word count: 1050