Chapter XII

𝙸'𝚍 𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝

Nillia pov:

I went back with Carlisle and Esme, leaving his children to go after Edward and Bella. The car that was driven by the blonde, came to a halt and all three of us rushed out. I opened the front door and instantly stopped in my tracks when my eyes met with bright red ones.

"How did you get in here" My voice trembling only the slightest bit, not wanting to give my unease away. Though I felt as if I could trust him.

"I've came to warn you" The dark skinned man declared his unexpected appearance, leaving my question no attention. Esme put her hands on my shoulders while Carlisle sauntered past me, glaring at Laurent. "Go on" He nodded.

"About James- This isn't my fight, and I've grown tired of his games" His red orbs flickered towards Edward as the said boy stepped in, ready to charge at him. The blonde put his hand up, signalizing him to stop right after he sensed his son's rage.

"He's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal" He carried on, now ignoring Edward as well. "I've never seen anything like him in my 300 years" He stated, causing the brunette to wrap his arm around his girlfriend.

"And the woman, Victoria" I felt Esme's grip on my shoulders tighten as she heard me growl at the mention of her name. I didn't want them to be familiar with our story. It was a whole other chapter of my past that I deeply wished to forget, but it seems as if it is to be revealed soon. "Don't underestimate her" His eyes now, met mine.

"But looks like you carry a lot of knowledge with you" Edward looked down, stuck in his thoughts when Laurent's gaze broke away from me. "Carlisle, Nillia" He nodded and passed by the couple.

A certain pair of eyes shot up. "What does he mean and how does he know your name" He did not give me the time to answer as he just scoffed. "I knew you weren't to trust"

"Edward" Carlisle called after him, but he was not being payed attention to. He turned to face me and sighed out. "I'd rather not talk about it, but I promise there's no reason for you to not trust me" Esme smiled down at me and rubbed my shoulders as she released me from her grip. "We know sweetie, he's just worried"

-

"I've had to fight our kind before, not easy to kill" Jasper said as we all went in the garage. "But not impossible" Emmett added. "We'll tear them apart and burn the pieces"

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James" I felt Edward's eyes piercing into my back after his father finished his sentence. "And if you don't, they'll follow you for a lifetime" I groaned and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, and what if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie asked, not getting that he was hinting at me with his rude comment.

"I'm gonna run Bella south, can you lead the tracker away from here?" He more like demanded. "No Edward" The blonde turned to him, "James knows you would never leave Bella, he'll follow you"

"I'll go with Bella" Alice announced, walking over to her brother. "Nillia and I'll drive her south" He copied my earlier action and rolled his eyes. "I'll keep her safe Edward" Alice now, being slightly annoyed herself as well, grabbed Bella's arm and dragged her with her.

He exhaled sharply. "Rosalie, Esme could you put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent" Rose caught the jacket that was thrown to her and shook her head, sounding very provoked. "Why, what is she to me?"

"Rosalie, Bella is with Edward. She's part of this family now and we protect our family" She looked at her father figure, her eyes begging him to not making her do it. "You would do the same for Nillia" I glanced at the blonde from inside the car, smiling a little as she groaned out in defeat.

"Well unlike my brother, Alice dates a girl that doesn't bring trouble" My smile faded a bit and I looked away again. "Of course Rose" Edward chuckled, knowing I could hear him perfectly fine.

-

I drove the car for what felt like an eternity, my ears only attending Bella's phone calls or dramatic sighs. Holding Alice's hand was the only thing that kept telling me this was real. After some time I eventually pulled up in front of a hotel where we would remain until we get news from our family. Yes, our.

We checked in and were escorted to our room. Sitting on the couch for a while, just staring at the TV screen and hoping for something to happen. Suddenly, Alice gasped, her posture straightening as she stares into nothingness. "What do you see Alice?" I asked, laying my hand on top of her very own.

"The tracker, he just changed course" She spoke. I sighed out, "Where will it take him Alice?" She made a grabbing motion with her hand and I gave her some paper and a pencil. "Mirrors, a room full of mirrors" She mumbled while her hand guided her to draw what she was seeing.

"Edward said the vision weren't always certain" Bella more like asked, but it's clear that she's just trying to fool herself into believing it's fine. "She sees the course people are on while they're on it. If they change their mind, the vision changes" I explained to her, bringing her thoughts back to the real present.

"Okay, so the course that the tracker's on now, is gonna lead him to a ballet studio" Alice and I shared a look of surprise before we looked up at the other brunette. "You've been here?" She asked.

"I took lessons as a kid, the school I went to had an arch just like that" She said, brushing her hand through her hair. "Was your school here in phoenix?" I questioned, receiving a yes from Bella, just before her phone rung.

"Edward are you okay?" She queried, breathing heavily. "We've lost the tracker" We heard from the other line. "Rosalie and Esme are going back to Forks to protect your father" Hopefully that will calm her a bit.

"I need you to stay where you are, we're coming to get you and then you will be save again" She exhaled another heavy breath. "Okay" She bit her lip and then it went silent, meaning Edward has ended the call.

"Nillia?" Bella turned to look at me, somewhat rather shyly. I hummed, my hand resting on the pixie's back. "What did Laurent mean earlier, when he mentioned Victoria" My face stiffens and I pulled my hand back to my lap. "What?" Alice glanced at me, of course intruded in my past now too.

"Like I said, I'd rather not talk about it" I stood up and turned my back to them, heading towards the bedroom and closing the door behind me.

———————————

I got an A on my english final examination!!

To the germans, es war 1,1 aber pshh 😭

Word count: 1207