Chapter IX

𝙶𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚕

Nillia pov:

Aro's face light up with surprise as he came closer to the Human, he could kill with a snip of his finger. "You would give up your life for someone like us? A Vampire." He glanced over to the boy who was being held by his throat, threatened to be killed. "A soulless monster" He clicked his tongue, scratching the wound from where Edward left her because of this particular reason.

"Just get away from her" The brunette snarled, noticing what he was trying to achieve with his words. Bella shook her head slowly, "You don't know a thing about his soul" She answered angered.

"This is a sadness" Aro stated. "If it only were your intention to give her immortality" Edward avoided her eyes. We all knew that it was the very last thing he would want to give his girlfriend. So unfortunately for them, it gives the king no reason to let her life continue.

"Wait" Alice spoke for the first time in front of him, putting all the unwanted attention on herself. "Bella will be one of us" There was a second of painful silence before my mate decided to make her gift known to save the life of her best friend.

"I've seen it, I'll change her myself" The red eyes had a sparkle in it as he asked her to step forward and place her hand in his. We all waited impatiently for his read of her thoughts to be over, anxious for his decision, and anxious for my girlfriend.

His eyes reopened as he took in what he had urged to see. "Mesmerizing" He breathed out, and I immediately knew that this wasn't about the human anymore.

"To see what you have seen before it has happened" He wanted her, not only his expression, but he had no shame to announce it either. "You will make for an intriguing immortal" His hand trailed down Bella's face once he had turned to her, his own close to whisper her name.

"Go now"

I breathed out, immediately by Alice's side to take her hand in mine, probably more for my own comfort than hers. Before we were to make our allowed exit, Caius turned his head to us, "We will return your favor. I would advise that you follow through on your promise soon, we do not offer second chances"

Without any response we left. "Goodbye, my young friends" Aro called after us.

Once the door behind us fell in its lock, I pulled Alice in my side, kissing her cheek. "I love you" I said. She smiled weakly, "I love you too"

-

"Home. And I mean really, home" I looked in my mate's eyes, who insisted in driving the car, but I was scared. I just wanted to go back to Forks. "Yes my love, I promise you that I am driving us home" She pecked my lips and gently shoved me out of the way by my waist. "Get in, it's gonna be okay" I took in a deep breath and did as she told me. I trusted her after all.