Chapter VI

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞

Nillia pov:

I felt nothing more than horrible and couldn't think about anything else ever since. Not at any time did I ever mean to be that selfish, I just couldn't bear to see her. It pained me. I'm scared of going to school, scared I might see her. But it's my own doing and I fucked up, so I won't run away from it.

Though in addition to that, I fear that Edward might witnessed how I did as well push that van away, so not to risk anything, I wrapped bandages around my hands, making it look like they're wounded.

As I walked in Bella's direction, I saw Mike standing next to her, from what I could make out, asking her to prom.

"Uhm, Prom, Dancing" She exhaled, not sure how to reject him in a nice way. "Not such a good idea for me" An awkward laugh escaped her mouth as she scrunched her nose. "I have something that weekend anyway, I'm going to Jacksonville" She gave him an apologetic look, about to go away. "You can't go another weekend?" He stuttered.

"You know the answer Mike, don't act so dumb" He jumped at my sudden appearance behind him and gulped. "You should ask Jessica, I heard she wants to go with you" The boy's head spun around, spotting Jess who was waving at him.

"You didn't have to be so mean Nillia" Bella said once Mike left us alone. "Yeah but he was annoying me" I chuckled and looked up, Edward Cullen's stare catching me of guard. "What the fuck" I mumbled to myself, knowing he would hear.

-

Bella and I linked arms with each other whilst we listened to our teacher blabber about compost. "I feel sorry for you, I know you wish that was you" Bella muttered, turning her head to my side. "What the compost?" I joked, not wanting to get into the Alice topic. "You know what I mean Nillia"

I glanced at Jasper as he picked a flower and handed it to Alice. "Yes but I'd rather not think about it anymore" Was all I said, considering that I didn't want the Cullens to know anything about my fondness of Alice.

"I think someone's waiting for you though" I glanced at Edward, signaling Bella to go over to him. She rolled her eyes, but her red cheeks gave away that she didn't mean it.

I couldn't help but accidentally listen in on their conversation. They truly were two awkward people.

"Are you gonna tell me how you stopped the van?" Bella kept pushing the boy. "Yeah, I had an adrenaline rush" The brunette claimed, making it hard for me to contain my laughter. Really? That's his excuse?

They kept being strange with one another until Bella stupidly trips. "Can you at least watch where you walk?" He snapped rudely while holding her up.