Chapter 4: Just an excuse to hang out

(A/N Hey! It's been forever since I've updated this lmao sorry)

4 Weeks Later

           Ray was still rolling his mind around the blush-incident wondering if it was just natural instinct or maybe, just maybe, feelings for him? He still hadn't fully come to terms for his feelings for Gavin, and since then Gavin had given him no clue other than the occasional blush across his features when they locked eyes. He held his head in his hands and shook it. He decided to take his mind off of the current situation, and stood up. Looking over at his outfit, black jeans, white shirt, purple jacket, black converse, and a purple beanie pulled over his short hair and wondered if Gavin would like it. He sighed, and decided that he might as well spend time with him.

           I need to think of something though, he thought, it's 3 in the afternoon, so we can't really go for major bevs, and a lunch date would sound weird. Ergh. Uhhh... do we need food? I'll check for it. I'm sure I can BS it. He got up, and moved from the couch to the kitchen. The apartment's kitchen was well, alright at best. The fridge was old, plain white, with the handle falling off every other day. They weren't the cleanest pair of friends, so the corners would grub up and Ray was pretty sure the grey baseboards were supposed to be white. The stove was pastel pink, and had probably been there since the building opened in the fifties. A small window was open, and their 5 dollar curtains were fluttering in a soft breeze. The small table in the corner was definitely the only thing they had the decency to keep clean, that's only because they eat off of it anyways. Ray stepped to the fridge, and pulled it open. He was hit with the scent of stale old take-outs and a whiff of some cheese that was most certainly growing mold.  He scrunched up his nose and made a mental note to clean out the fridge. He checked the dates, and made a quick list in the notes on his phone. 

-Cheese
-Eggs
-Milk
-Bacon
-Yogurt
-Water Jugs

"Gav?" He called out, closing the fridge as he turned away.
"Yeah mate?"
"We need to go shopping!"
"You sure?"
"Definitely! All our stuff is past due!"
"Oh alright, but we need to make it quick! I'll be out in a second!"

         Ray pocketed his phone again, and moved to the living room, looking down the hall to where Gavin's room is. When Gavin stepped out Ray had to refrain from blushing. Gavin looked downright amazing. He had on a simple, casual outfit. A light grey-green shirt that perfectly highlighted his eyes, and tight blue jeans with simple shoes, his tanned skin and dark, sandy hair were perfect for the "Put together, but not fully into it" look. His slender, tall frame was stunning. Ray suddenly felt a little odd with his appearance. Except Gavin was thinking the same things about him at that very moment. 

"We-" Ray's voice cracked, "We should get going."
"Oh uh Yeah! Yeah."

         Anyone onlooking at this moment could practically feel the tension and zapping in the air when this exchange was happening. But of course, they both thought it was one-sided because they have ridiculously bad people skills. Ray turned on heel and walked through the kitchen to the front door, it fit with the rest of the rather dingy place, and creaked as he pulled it.He waved a meek, shy hello to Miss Maybelle, their neighbor, as she entered her room. As Gavin entered the narrow hallway, pulling the door shut behind him, causing a rather awkward situation as Ray had to shuffle around him in order to get through to the door to lock it. He shoved the key in his pocket when he was done, and set off down the hall.

"Do you have to walk so damn fast, you pleb?" The brit whined, although he was only a few steps behind.
"Do you have to walk so damn slow?" 
"Shut uuuuuppp"

They stepped into the small elevator, and clicked the button for the first floor. The thing was pitifully slow, and the dings as it passed each floor sounded more like a sad meow than they did beeps. Gavin was terrified. "I feel like, like the ropes will just snap. And it'll be like- uh- like prrrrrrr-crash!" He imitated the falling motion and crash with his hands as he said it. Ray decided to take advantage of his fear, "Hey man, did you know, that its held up by, like a few of those really big rubber bands?" 
"What??" 
"Yeah man, true story, the newer ones aren't, due to the fact that they break like 75 percent of the time, but this one is."
"You can't be serious... Are you?"
"Yup" Ray popped the 'P' to make it sound more official, and Gavin turned white as a ghost. He started to shake and bite his lip. 
"Gav, Gav, I'm just playing with you! You're okay! It's okay!"
"You bloody little jebpot."