16

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Judgement

"You've been working nonstop ever since you read the documents" Kaitlyn stated. "I need something to distract me," I responded. "Is cutting yourself also one of those distractions?" she asked and I stared at her. "Yes, yes it is" I stated.

"Hey, we need to talk," Satoru said as he walked into the room. "You're one of the last people I need to talk to," I responded. "Would you prefer to talk to me?" Nanami asked as he also walked into the room.

I stared at both of them with a dumbfounded expression on my face. "Fuck" I mutter. Kaitlyn decided it wasn't her place to get involved, so she left the room while giving Nanami a slight glare. It was adorable how she was slightly jealous of Nanami.

"You came here first, so start talking" I stated as I sipped on my drink. "Matilda told us everything, about how you know the truth and how you've been lately," Satoru began. "Yeah and what about it?" I respond with a grin.

"Well you can't lie about your feelings. We can clearly see your bandaged wrists and the fresh scars" Satoru observed. "Great observation, and we can both see how your dark circles have gotten worse" I respond sarcastically.

"Charlotte, what's really going on?" Nanami questioned softly. "It's nothing important" I responded. "Important or not, I still wanna hear it" he spoke. Fuck, I can't have my heart racing over the mere sound of his voice. But he's soft tone, it sounds so genuine.

I stared at both of them and tears rolled down my cheeks without me knowing. "I've always wondered why you injure yourself on purpose," Satoru mentions. "It numbs my thoughts and emotional stress," I responded.

"It's not healthy," Nanami states. "I know, that's why I do it," I answered. "Anyways, you asked me what's happening and I guess I'll tell you. Life got worse, I guess. I can't sleep anymore and I don't want to eat but Matilda and Kaitlyn force me to. My memories just made it worse. Sometimes my thoughts get so loud and I try to drown them out by cutting myself or distracting myself. I honestly find life boring, there's no appeal to it anymore" I explain.

"I get that, but please don't try to do anything. There are people who love and care for you, y'know " Nanami mentions. "But I hurt people and a lot of people now hate me" I respond. "Well fuck them. Satoru, Matilda, Kaitlyn, the students, Mikoto heck even your own clansmen and I love you and care about you " Nanami reassures as he walked towards me

The statement made me smile because I've never heard Nanami cuss before. "Never forget that, okay?" he whispered softly. "Of course," I whisper back. Satoru was seated at the edge of the bed, watching this like it was some interesting show. "Wait a minute, Satoru loves me even after what I did?" I ask. "Well, he says he's willing to forgive you," Nanami answered.

"Yayy" I pulled Satoru into the hug and he gave an awkward look while I simply smiled.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

"You seem happier" the voice in my head stated. "Yeah I am, kinda" I responded. "That's amazing" Kaitlyn stated excitedly and I smiled at her.

Honestly, I'm quite glad Satoru and Nanami came to visit. It's made me feel better about the whole situation. My mind wondered about my jujutsu tech life. How expected.

I flopped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. While sleep consumed me, I felt my body slowly drift off to sleep.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

"Charlotte Tsukumo, you've been accused of mass murder and arson" an officer announced. I stared at them with the most confused expression on my face.

"I haven't done anything recently," I responded. "The files and eye witness accounts state otherwise" the officer mentions. "Just show her the CCTV footage" another person stated. The person on that TV looked exactly like me but I knew that definitely wasn't me. It couldn't have been, I didn't even go out today.

First of all, where am I? Because this doesn't even look real but it feels real. "You're in my domain" a female stated. I couldn't even bow properly because I was chained to the ground. "Great Gran?" I spoke and she nodded.

"I can also read minds so please don't think of anything weird" Elena stated as she walked towards me. "It's interesting to see a human such as yourself scared of yourself" she mentions as she took a seat.

"Why would I be scared of myself?" I ask. "Probably because of your other self. The one that constantly torments you and is filled with bloodlust" she responds as she lit a cigarette.

"Why are you even here?" I questioned. "I can't even see my granddaughter without being asked so many questions. You really do take after Zion" she responds with an eye roll. "Well, my apologies for wondering why my grandma appeared out of nowhere" I mention sarcastically.

"You really are your father's daughter" she states. "Anyways, in here to tell you something, be careful okay? Don't make shitty decisions and remember that it was done for the right reasons" she adds. "How do you even know? Aren't you dead?" I ask. "Yes I am, but my soul still wanders around sometimes" she mentions.

"Anyways you have to go, bye" she flickered my forehead before I could say anything and I woke up. What the heck just happened? Y'know those types of dreams that feel so real to not be dreams, right? That's exactly what I had just experienced.