1

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
Death

It was an autumn night when I met him, in a dark alleyway a grade 1 curse attacked me. My thoughts were like, well I'm dying in the moonlight of an autumn night. What a beautiful way to die, I have little experience with curse energy so I didn't even bother to exorcise the curse.

I let it torture me and slowly attack me, I don't know why I didn't mind death. Could it be because of my life? My past? I doubt that, maybe dying is more peaceful than living. Yes, I had accepted my fate. I knew I'd die sooner or later, it really didn't matter at all.

I shut my eyes and waited for the final blow but the impact never came. Instead, it was replaced by a pair of arms carrying me away. I soon slipped out of consciousness from the blood loss.

7 days

That's how long it took me to fully recover, that was actually fast considering the massive damage that I'd received from the curse. The door swung open and I came face to face with a blond male in a suit wearing weird glasses. "Who are you?" I question, my guard at full defence. "Oh yay she's awake" a white haired male mentions as he walks in behind the blond.

"That's not an answer" I glare at the white haired male and he chuckled in response. "Can't you ever be serious for once, Gojo?" the blonde questions irritatedly. In response the other male stuck his tongue out at the blond. That's when I saw his blue eyes behind his sunglasses.

They weren't ordinary blue eyes, they were like an ocean filled with stars and excitement. I hated to admit it but they were beautiful, more like mesmerising, a whirlpool of wonder. Wait a minute, I know those eyes, I think. They were familiar, way too familiar, how the hell did I forget?

"Satoru?" I call out nervously. "You finally remembered, Char" he states with a chuckle. Gojo Satoru, an old friend I met at a bar, probably the strangest way I've ever met anyone. Wait, it must've been earlier than that, right? I don't know, my memory's hazy.

The blond was dumbfounded, his eyes said it all. "Oh yeah, I haven't properly introduced myself. Tsukumo Charlotte, Grade 3 sorcerer. A friend of Satoru's, what's your name?" I ask excitedly. "Nanami Kento" the blond replies, "Such a pretty name" I murmur.

"Can I go home?" I request, "Come on, you just got here at least stay, for me" Gojo requests. "She's been here for a week, Gojo," Nanami mentions. "Like I care, I missed her" he states, wrapping an arm around me.

"And I didn't miss you but we can go out or something, I really wanna go home" I mentioned. The blindfolded male agreed and drove me to my home. I missed my home, it was similar to a cottage, it's small but really functional and has a ton of plants. Something straight out of a children's fantasy book, in Gojo's words.

I took a quick shower and changed into casual clothes, before walking out. "Shall we?" Gojo states flirtatiously, "Sure" I respond with a smile.

I missed doing things like this, going on desert dates, an overload of shopping, and playing games. It made me remember how much Satoru means to me. He's an idiot though, a huge one and I'm an even bigger one for supporting his antics.

"Satoru, stop flirting with every girl you meet, let's go" I state, dragging him back to the car. "I could've gotten her number" he mentions with a pout. "Let's make a bet, we'll go to a bar and whoever gets the bartender's number first is the winner. Loser has to give up sweets for a week and has to give the winner money" I challenge. "Bet" he responds.

He drove us to our favourite bar and the bartender there was so beautiful. After many flirting attempts, I was the first one to make her smile and get her number. "That's not fair, Char" he whines. "It seems very fair to me actually," I responded. Of course, I knew Satoru couldn't give up sweets for a day, let alone a whole week so the best solution is to charge him for that.

"You're planning to charge me, aren't you? Typical Mei mei stuff" he states. "Well we are friends after all" Mei Mei states with an arm over me. "Mei!" I said excitedly as I hugged her. "Yes I missed you too" she responds with a grin. "Let's steal money from men" I suggest with a grin. "Sure" she replies, taking me over to the casino.

My worst habit? Gambling. I mostly win so it's a bonus for me, "This is a rematch for last time" Toji states. "Whatever it's not like you'll win" I answered and it came to pass. Toji was in debt, owing 2,000,000 yen to yours truly, me. "So what do you say, Mei? Let's split it 50/50" I suggest, "Fine by me" she responds.

This was part of my life, going out, hanging around bars, gambling, making bets. Like I said part of my life, I wasn't a full time sorcerer because I didn't need to be one. I'm only a third grade because I'm not interested in sorcery. I'd rather go out and spend money than spend my time killing curses.

By the time it was midnight, I'd earned myself a good 1,000,000,000 yen and Gojo was drunk and flirting with every girl he met. Well he does that even when he's sober so it doesn't make a difference. I handle my alcohol well so I was almost sober, not fully.

"This was fun, we should do this again," Mei Mei states, paying for her bill. "Definitely, I gotta go and take this drunk idiot home" I state, referring to the extremely drunk Gojo. "Good luck with that" she mentions with a chuckle before leaving. "Alright Satoru, get your drunk ass up, we're going home" I announce. "Come on, I don't wanna go. I could-" he stopped when I placed my finger on his lip.

"Save it, I know what you're thinking and I forbid you from doing it. Keep it in your pants, you can survive"' I mentioned. He pouted in response, before standing up and entering the car. I'd much prefer Satoru to drive me but he's too drunk to do so. After leaving him, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to his room.

"Yes Satoru?" I said, "Please stay with me, please" he begged. "Are you trying to get me to sleep with you or something?" I question, "What? No" he responds with a puzzled look. "I was just asking but fine I'll stay with you" I state.

He rested his head on my lap and wrapped his arms around my waist. I run my fingers through his hair as I read a book on my phone. His infinity was usually off around me so I had no problem with it.