12

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Peace

For the past few days since my escape, I was living at a hotel in New York. You may be wondering, why would I still stay in the same place where I was arrested? Well thanks to a special someone, my case was closed whether the officers like it or not.

It still shocks me how I was able to kill a whole clan without a plan or anything. But considering my skills I'm not shocked. I've been thinking about how and why I killed the Blue clan. What drove me to that point? Why didn't I let them take me in?

If that had happened, I'd be back where I was. Tsukumo, the source of ninety percent of my problems. First they wanted me to marry Naoya, next they wanted to kill Nanami and now they're hunting me down. For one of the top three clans, they sure do have a lot of time on their hands.

Now I need to plan my next move, I can't sit here peacefully. I was staring at the sky, it looked so beautiful at sunrise. Ever since I got back, I haven't really been able to sleep so I mostly stay up staring at the stars or the sunrise. It's pretty calming honestly.

I was making a mental analysis of what had happened and what was going to happen. I know, I'll hurt a lot of people but it's for a greater cause. They may not understand now, but they will soon. It's all for a better cause, that's what I keep telling myself but it's eating me alive.

What if everyone hates me? What if I'm rejected? Well, we were rejected our whole lives, what's one more? My thoughts whisper, I'm falling and once I do what I'm about to do there's no going back. Well there's nothing going back already because I've killed Blues. I killed Seiri, I killed one of the nicest people I ever met.

I bet her soul will haunt me for eternity or something. I stared at the clouds and envisioned it, everything was about to go down. It's for a greater cause,bits for a greater cause it's for a greater cause, I repeated over and over.

Let me just have fun and relax today, it might even be the last day that happens too. I put a fake smile and prepared for my day. I decided to wear a long pink summer dress with a slit on the middle of my right thigh and flower designs all over. My hair was let down while some of it was tied behind with a pink silk bow.

The pink I wore wasn't a bright pink, it was a soft, baby pink. I added pink heart shaped sunglasses to finish off the look. I honestly adored the way it complimented my chocolate coloured skin.

Satoru, Nanami, Mikoto and I went out to the mall, for a reason, not a good one though. We were bored and thought, "why not go on a shopping spree?" And we did just that. Was it a stupid idea? Possibly. Was it fun? Definitely.

We toured department stores, food courts, grocery stores, book stores, practically every store there is. Nanami drove while Mikoto sat in the passenger seat and I sat with Gojo in the back seat. We blasted music in the car, which we sang along to in offkey tunes.

"Guys, we can't sing to save ourselves" I mentioned. "Correction, you can't sing," Gojo retorted. "Satoru, you're the worst singer here" I add and he suggests voting on it. "I'm with Charlotte" Mikoto mentions. "And I agree with her," Nanami agreed. "Majority wins!" I exclaimed as we did a three way high five while Satoru rolled his eyes.

The car became quiet once a certain melody was played. "I'm too consumed with my own life. Are we too young for this? Feels like I can't move, been sharing my heart. It's tearing me apart" we sang, like it was some kind of happy song. "I've been confused as of late (yeah), watching my youth slip away" I whispered.

"We're depressed," Mikoto states. "But well dressed" I mentioned, trying to lighten the mood and I did. Anyways today was really fun, I actually feel kinda bad for what I'm about to do. But it's for a greater cause, right?