《Last Text》

I sighed turning off my phone and tossed it onto my bed

I sighed turning off my phone and tossed it onto my bed. He probably just got busy, I'm sure he'll text me back tomorrow...

Eventually tomorrow turned into weeks, months and years.

I've been waiting for him to text me back since 2021...it's 2023 now. Yeah, so busy.

I Eventually gave up hope that he would ever text me back. Now, I own my dad's flower shop after he passed it down to me. I don't mind it, it's small and quiet, not too busy. Once in a while an elderly woman will come in to get flowers for her garden.

I sighed taking off my apron and garden gloves before sitting outside for a breath of fresh air and hummed listening to the wind in the trees when I felt my phone buzz and took it out of my pocket to see a text from mom, telling me that she left food at my house for me and I smiled softly before texting her back and turned off my phone.

Everyday is like this. My mom makes me food even though I tell her not to and I stay here until closing time which is at eight. It does get lonely sometimes but with a little music, I get by just fine.

~

I had just finished cleaning up the shop to close when I heard the door bell ring as it opened and closed.

"Sorry, we're closed for the day!"

"Wooyoung?"

I felt everything stop all at once. I had my back facing him and I felt my cheeks heat up and my eyes sting with tears. I couldn't move, I didn't want to move, this had to be a dream right? I'm just dreaming. There's no way that Choi San, the man who ignored me for years was standing right behind me...right?

I swallowed the lump in my throat and slowly turned around with my eyes closed, just trying to keep the tears from falling and I breathed in slowly.

"S-"

My eyes widened when I felt him hug me tightly and put his face in the crook of my neck.

"I've missed you so much," He whispered and my body suddenly felt numb and I was angry.

"Really? You missed me?" I asked pushing him off me and looked at him with teary eyes, "You left me on read for years! And you missed me?!"

"Woo, just let me explain."

"Explain what?! That you met a girl then left me all alone?! Sorry, I don't need that explanation!"

"Woo-"

"Can you just leave? We're closed," I said looking away from him and crossed my arms.

"I did meet a girl-"

"San-"

"I married her-"

"Seriously, stop-"

"But then I realized something-"

"Choi-"

"I'm in love with you," He said making me look at him, "I've been in love with you since high school. But then we went our separate ways and I met her...life was fine for a while and I proposed to her. She was kind and funny, but she wasn't you. Wooyoung, I did ignore your text messages and calls, but only because I wanted to forget about my feelings for you, I even tried blocking you, but I couldn't do it. Wooyoung, I am so sorry for everything I put you through and the pain I caused you. I understand completely if you don't want anything to do with me, but I just had to find you and tell you how much I love you and I always will...Amicus ad aras."

By now I was sobbing and I quickly ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and cried in his arms as I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and place kisses on my cheek and neck.

"San?"

"Yes?"

"Are you still married to her?" I asked looking at him and he sighed.

"Wooyoung..."

~To Be Continued~

(A/N I literally sobbed writing the text messages😭)