𝟕: 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤

⋆。˚⋆❀ ⋆。˚⋆❀

⋆。˚⋆❀ ⋆。˚⋆❀

"SHE doesn't know me!" Ruby exclaimed. "I'm a feminist, i'm woke, I never slut shame." The younger Martinez boy ranted to his sister.

"So you're a decent human being? What do you want? A medal?" Natalia rolled her eyes, eating her popcorn while Martiza was invested in Desperate Housewives.

"No! I want Olivia to understand that I get her." Ruby groaned. "Boys don't understand shit." Maritza blurted. "Boys don't, men do." Ruby firmly stated.

"Still not seeing your point." Maritza shrugged. "My point is if my girl's gonna stay home, I gotta support her and stay home too." Ruby said.

Maritza and Natalia both looked at each other and bursted into laughter. "Ay que lindo!" Maritza grabbed Ruby's cheeks. The boy goraned and walked back to the kitchen table.

"So you're really gonna let the girls' decision dictate yours? It's our first high school dance!" Cesar argued. "There'll be other dances! Right Natalia?" Ruby looked over to his sister.

"Well yeah." Natalia shrugged. "Homecoming's lit tho!" Maritza exclaimed. "See!" Cesar said. "Besides my parents and the twins are out tonight, so Olivia and I can kick it here and outside Ruben can make an inside appearance." Ruby smirked.

"Yo I'm still here you know?" Natalia announced. "Well you probably have stuff to do so.." Ruby said. "Yup! Lots of fun stuff." Maritza teased her friend.

"I'm still a part of this scenario right?" Jamal asked. "If you really wanna be outside Ruben, you need to actually go outside and show Olivia what she's missing." Cesar argued.

"I'm telling you nothing drives a girl crazier than knowing someone else is out there waiting for you!" Cesar said. "I don't know man. I think I should just stay home." Ruby said.

"Good! You can help me clean the bathroom. The twins had an accident, although it looks like it was on purpose." Abuelita said. "Uh..sorry abuelita but i'm going to the dance." Ruby said.

"Yes!" Cesar whispered before getting a notification on his phone. "Uh, I gotta take care of something for Spooky but I'll meet you guys later." He announced before leaving.

"Since when did Cesar start running for Oscar?" Natalia asked her best friend. "Since he got his put on." Maritza said, still very focused on their show. "Wait, when did he get his put on?" Natalia asked.

"Umm I think like a week or two ago. Why? You didn't know?" Maritza asked facing her friend. "Nope." Natalia said popping the 'P'. "Well now you know." Maritza said, facing her attention towards the show once again.

"Hey." Olivia said, walking in through the back. The 2 girls on the couch greeted the girl before focusing on their show once again. Natalia's mind wandered to Cesar. She felt bad that the boy was getting involved, but Cesar was a santo and it was bound to happen.

"Hey do you guys have time to help me and Monse get ready for the dance?" Olivia asked the 2 girls. "Fuck yeah!" Maritza said.

"Let us get some stuff and we'll meet you at Monse's?" Natalia asked. "Yeah! See you." Olivia smiled, Natalia and Maritza smiled back.

"Okay so, I'm gonna get my makeup and clothes. You get your shit and meet me here in 10?" Natalia asked her best friend.

"Yup! See you in 10." Maritza said, rushing out the house and heading to hers.

⋆。˚⋆❀ ⋆。˚⋆❀

Natalia knew with Monse, she'd have to a variety of choices. Monse wasnt super into makeup or dresses but Natalia still brought all that in case she changed her mind for the night.

"Your dresses are so cute." Olivia said excitedly, looking throught Natalia and Maritza's duffle bags. "Thanks!" The two said in unison.

"What about this?" Monse asked, wearing a floral dress she didn't look too comfortable in. "Absolutely not." Maritza said bluntly. Monse sighed in defeat and threw her head back.

"Maritza you help Olivia, I'll help Monse and Ruby...don't use all my face mask." Natalia said to her younger brother who had a white sheet on his face.

⋆。˚⋆❀ ⋆。˚⋆❀

"This is stupid. I feel stupid." Monse said looking at herself in the mirror. "Most people feel stupid, you ain't got nothing to worry about." Natalia told the younger girl. "Do you ever feel stupid?" Monse asked Natalia.

"Yeah I used to. But that was when I cared about other's perception of me." Natalia admitted as she fixed Monse's dress. "It's hard to believe that you would ever feel like that." Monse said. "What do you mean?" Natalia asked.

"You just carry yourself confidently, I love that about you and I aspire to be that but I don't know if I could ever get to that point." Monse told the girl.

"Want the harsh truth?" Natalia asked. "Give it to me." Monse smiled. "You only feel stupid because you're insecure. Which explains why you're so defensive." Natalia said. "I am not defensive."

"Okay that was a bit defensive." Monse added, making Natalia giggle. "It's nothing to be ashamed of, but you can't be stuck on that forever. You'll never live happy if you continue on like that." Natalia said.

"I know." Monse sighed. "Can I ask you something?" Natalia applied a bit of concealer on the girl. "Yeah." Monse nodded. "Why don't you wanna go to the dance?"

"Cesar. He wants a slow dance." Monse admitted. "What's wrong with a slow dance?" Natalia chuckled. "Everything, he's being a tease. He knows that I wanna keep us on the low but he wants us to be all PDA in public." Monse said.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Natalia furrowed her brows. "No. It'll ruin the gang." Monse said. "Perfect example of you letting other people's perception of you ruin your happiness." Natalia told the girl, applying a bit of eyeshadow to her eyes.

"You think I should do it?" Monse asked. "I think you should do whatever your gut tells you to do. Cesar's a good boy and he likes you, a lot." Natalia admitted, making Monse smile.

"How do I know if a guy likes me?" Monse asked. "Any guy can like you Monse, but if a guy really, really likes you. You can tell by the way he looks at you."

"Was it like that with Oscar?" The curly headed girl blurted. "Oh shit sorry, I didn't mean for it to be awkward or anything." She immediately apologized.

"You're fine. Just stop moving so much so I can do your lip liner." Natalia giggled. "But yeah, it was like that. You'll feel it." Natalia said, finishing up Monse's lip liner.

"How did you deal with the whole Santos thing?" Monse asked, before hearing her friends calling her.

"I'll tell you more next time." Natalia reassured the girl, who nodded and went over to her friends.

⋆。˚⋆❀ ⋆。˚⋆❀

a/n:
i'm trying to involve more of oscar but i also want to add a little more interaction with natalia and her friends so bare w me plss💘