twenty-one.

Valentina was at her locker when Haley wandered over to her. Valentina glanced at her and offered a smile, "Hey."

"Hey," Haley says, "Um I just wanted to know if we were cool?"

Valentina laughs, "Did you miss the part when I said we were friends?"

"I didn't know if you actually meant that or if you were just being polite," Haley responds as she fidgets with the sleeves of her jacket.

"We're cool," Valentina says as she closes her locker.

"Okay great because I am having a party," Haley tells her.

Valentina raises a brow, "You're having a party?"

"Yeah, I'm trying new things so I'm throwing a party," Haley shares with her, "Would you like to come?"

"I'm honored to be invited to your party," Valentina says as she places her hand over her chest dramatically.

"Yay," Haley says as she claps her hands together, "Um it's going to be at Nathan's apartment, is that okay?"

"It's perfectly fine," Valentina responds, "I can't wait to trash the place."

An expression of concern crosses Haley's face and Valentina can't help but laugh.

"I'm joking," Valentina says.

"Please don't joke like that. While this is very exciting, I'm also very anxious," Haley tells her.

"It's just a party," Valentina says with a smile, "It's supposed to be fun so relax and make sure that there are plenty of snacks or else people will get hangry and a fight will break out."

"Please tell me you're joking," Haley says.

"That part I'm serious about," Valentina responds.

"Noted," Haley says.

"I have to get to the gym, but I'll see you later?" Valentina says.

"See ya," Haley says.

Valentina turns and heads down the hallway toward the locker room when she gets yanked into the bathroom. She looks over to see Peyton standing there with a smile, "Hi."

Valentina laughs, "Uh hi?"

Peyton lets out a laugh, "Sorry for yanking you in here like that."

"It's fine, just be more gentle next time," Valentina says as she rubs her arm, "This is my shooting arm."

"Right," Peyton says playfully rolling her eyes, "I forgot you were some hotshot basketball player."

"Hey, I'm not some hotshot, I am the hotshot," Valentina corrects. Peyton shakes her head as a smile grows on her lips and Valentina lets out a laugh, "So was there a reason you dragged me in here?"

"To say hi," Peyton says as she snakes her arms around Valentina's neck, "And to do this."

Peyton leans in and kisses Valentina on the lips. When she pulls away, she smiles at Valentina, "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that."

"I mean I can only guess since last night," Valentina says with a smile. Peyton rolls her eyes as she shoves Valentina away, but she doesn't go far as she laces their fingers together which has Peyton pulling her right back to her.

"Did you hear about Haley's party?" Peyton asks.

"I did she just invited me," Valentina says as she plays with Peyton's fingers.

"Are you going?" Peyton asks.

"I'll go if you go," Valentina responds, and Peyton chuckles softly.

"What are we? Twelve?"