seventeen.

"Nathan let's go!" Valentina shouts as she entered her father's beach house. She'd been driving her brother to school the past couple of days since he'd moved in with Dan and had no way of making it to school on time. Of course, it was depleting Valentina's gas, but she figured Nathan was going through a lot already and wanted to make it easier on him.

"Hey sweetheart," Dan says as he enters the kitchen and kisses her atop her head, "Can I interest you in breakfast?"

"Can't," Val responds, "I have to get Nate and go or else we'll be late and there's only so much detention we can avoid."

"Oh no worries, your brother's all good now," Dan tells her. Valentina quirks an eyebrow at the words.

"Why is he good?" Valentina asks.

"I got him a car," Dan tells her.

"Ah, a divorce pity gift?" Val asks nodding her head, "Do I get one?"

Dan laughs as he pats Valentina on the shoulder, "Nice try."

"Well then I'm going to be on time for school," Valentina says, "See you at school, Nate!"

"What?" Nathan shouts, but Valentina is already out the door and in her car heading to school. She parks her car and gets out of it, just as Peyton is heading toward the school building. She notices Valentina and waves at her, but Val ignores her.

Val spots Haley and rushes over to her, wrapping her arms around Haley's waist.

"Hey, you," Haley greets as she looks up at Val, "You're on time today."

"My dad got Nathan a car which means I am Nathan free," Val responds, "Did you get your Sheryl Crowe tickets?"

"No but there are other auctions tonight," Haley says with a small smile, "Wanna watch me cry over Sheryl Crowe tickets?"

Valentina laughs, "I'd love to watch you cry over Sheryl Crow tickets. We can order a pizza, study, and cry."

"Sounds so romantic," Haley says as she steals a quick kiss from Valentina.

Brooke clears her throat and Haley, and Valentina looks over at the cheerleader. Valentina quirks a brow as she moves to Haley's side and wraps an arm around her shoulder. Haley smiles at Brooke.

"Hi Brooke," Haley greets.

"Where is your best friend?" Brooke demands from the tutor.

"Hi Haley, how are you?" Valentina says, trying to mimic Brooke's voice but it just comes out deep and manly.

"I do not sound like that," Brooke responds, "And where is your brother?"

"I don't know," Valentina responds, "I just got here, and I found who I was looking for."

Valentina kisses Haley's cheek and she giggles in Valentina's arms. Brooke's nose scrunches as she watches them, and she holds up her hand snapping her fingers.

"Hey hey, focus you two," Brooke orders.

"What's wrong?" Valentina asks.

"Lucas hasn't been answering my calls and I haven't seen him, and I'm worried because of the accident," Brooke states.

Val throws her head back and groans, "Do you want me to talk to him?"

Brooke lights up, "Oh my god, would you?" She runs over and embraces Valentina, practically shoving Haley out of the way, "Thank you so much, Val, you beautiful, beautiful angel."

"Okay," Val says, as she removes Brooke from her, "I'll see if he'll be at practice. You can just be on standby."

"I will be," Brooke says with a smile, "Standing by."