Chapter 21: Set Up Again

Trigger Warning: Brief discussion of self-harm

The entire office was covered in a white sticky paste. Globs of it stuck to the walls, Loona had left hours ago to try to get it out of her fur, and Moxxie and Millie had given up trying to keep themselves clean. Blitz was covered in it, too, but he was way too focused to care.

"Sir, do you know how much it's going to cost to get this carpet cleaned?" Moxxie asked uselessly, "All for some stupid child's art project."

"How dare you, Moxxie! This life size paper-mache stallion is going to hit the fine arts museum like a wrecking ball!" Blitz flung a glob of the paste onto the ceiling, "And if they reject it, the metaphor will become literal."

"It's pronounced papier-mâché," Moxxie corrected, "and it's a artform that is hundreds of years old, both simple enough to be used by children, and sophisticated enough to make beautiful works of art, and yet you are using it to give a your fake horse large g*nitalia."

Blitz looked Moxxie dead in the eyes while slathering more paste onto the horse's privates.

Millie cleared her throat, "Was there something you wanted to talk about Blitz? You seem a little . . ."

"Crazy." Moxxie said at the same time Millie said, "Strung out."

Blitz didn't bother to look up from his work, "The only people who are crazy here are you two for not wanting any credit for helping me with this project. Trust me, Flour Rebel is going to sell for millions!"

"Flower Rebel is going to end up in the trash." Moxxie mumbled.

"Flour is Flour, like the stuff she's made out of, not flower like petals. And you clearly are a liar if you claim to know so much about art but can't see the genius in this here statue." Blitz patted it's side, hand sticking to it.

Moxxie prickled at the insult to his taste, "You- Ugh! How did you even know I thought you meant the other flower? They're pronounced exactly the same!"

"Because you're predictable, Mox. You and your basic b*tch tastes and your basic b*tch interests." Blitz successfully removed his hand from his creation, and sneered at Moxxie.

Mox lunged at him, trying to pin him to the ground. Blitz fell, knocking a whole bucket of paste all over the floor. He grinned as he blocked Moxxie from swiping at his face. Moxxie put all his weight on one knee jabbing into Blitz's stomach. He was right about to shove him, but suddenly Moxxie was being lifted away by a powerful force from above.

"That is enough!" Millie shouted, holding Moxxie like a child might try to carry a cat or dog, squeezed around the chest with arms dangling over.

"Blitz, stop antagonizing Moxxie. And Moxxie, stop falling for it! I swear, you're cute as a button, but you don't need to take the bait!" Millie scolded.

"Fine," Moxxie did his best to cross his arms, "Can you put me down now?"

Millie gave him a light kiss on the head, and tried to set him down, only to find that there was so much paper mache paste on them both that they were stuck together.

Blitz grinned as he got to his knees, "Wow, you two really are inseparable aren't you? Moxxie, do you really have to cling to your wife like that? I mean, I knew you were-"

"BLITZ!" Millie shouted, stomping over to him, Moxxie stuck to her chest like a baby in a sling.

Blitz cowered a little as she towered over him. For a moment, he thought she was going to punch him and he braced for impact, but it never came. Instead, she grabbed his cheek to tilt his face up at her.