Chapter - 13

We all ran to the main building, in our half disheveled state and wet clothes, which probably caught the attention of many eyes. They might have thought of us as some crazy people, but none of us cared, as Taehyung took us to the room where Junhee was staying. There was a secret basement, just like in Uncle Max's house, behind the staircase at the end of the lobby. Taehyung pushed on a tile on the wall at his right. Like last time, the wall shifted in front of us. But instead of an elevator, there was a staircase leading to the basement.

We stepped down on the stairs, watching our steps, as it was a bit dark, but a beam of light was shining at the end of the staircase. Once we reached the end, I saw the exact structure of the mini-hospital, matching that of Uncle's house. We walked down on the corridor, making our way to the wardroom. Max was waiting outside for us. Noticing us he smiled and pointed towards inside the room.

"Go inside, she wants to see all of you," he said and opened the door. "But be careful, she's still weak, so don't give her too much stress or excitement," he warned before they could enter inside.

I stayed behind with Jimin and Yoongi, while everyone else went inside. I wanted to give them some alone time and waited outside for our turn.

"Gosh, it feels so surreal," Yoongi said to us, as his eyes twinkled with amazement. "Also it makes me realize that it had been already more than a week when we found her,"

I sighed heavily, thinking back to the moment when it all started. None of us would have guessed that saving this girl would bring us at such a turn, with no point of return.

After ten minutes, we heard a shriek coming from inside the room.

"WHAT?" an unfamiliar voice shouted, which could only be of Junhee.

We got a little bit stunned by the sudden voice.

"Thank god, Max is not here. Otherwise, they would have got scolded for ignoring his warning," I told them, chuckling a bit at the end.

Suddenly Hoseok popped out of the room and looked at us weirdly. "What are you guys doing outside, come inside," he said and went inside.

We stood up and I opened the door. I didn't know why, but I was feeling nervous and jittery. As I stepped inside, I looked up to see Junhee staring at me. It truly was a surreal feeling, thinking about how we found her in an almost dying condition and waited for so many days for her to wake up. Now, as she smiled at me sweetly with her childlike eyes, and beckoned me to come forward, I felt that whatever I did till now was worth it.

"I am grateful for all that you did for me," she said, her voice as sweet as her smile. "They told me how you have been suffering my share," her eyes looked at me apologetically,

I shook my head and was going to say something but Taehyung cut in.

"Oh, no, Junhee, you don't need to feel apologetic," Taehyung said, patting her on her head, "he's like a statue of grace, always in front to help others. Aren't you?" he asked, looking at me teasingly. I glared at him accusingly.

"Shut up Taehyung, don't tease him," Junhee said and hit him on the arm,

He laughed and hugged her sideways, before kissing her on the forehead affectionately. My stomach churned and I felt a slight sting in my heart after looking at them like this. Soon a wave of guilt passed over me and I scolded myself in my mind for having this feeling of jealousy for him when from the start I knew he belonged to someone else. Being stuck between the world of spies and criminals, the last thing I needed was to make things more complex with my feelings. Thinking this, I restrained myself from getting in more trouble by feeling something more than an attraction for this guy.