Chapter - 2

Glancing outside the window, I couldn't help but notice the city wrapped in a silvery coat of snow. The clouds appeared to be a gloomy grey-black casting an eerie shadow upon the neighborhood. The street lights seemed to illuminate the snow beneath, making it look like thousands of tiny diamonds.

I watched it all pass us as we finally reached my Uncle's house, my eyes glancing at the illuminated dash clock to see ten minutes had passed since we left. It was now three in the morning, and to say I was impressed with Yoongi's driving skills now would be an understatement. I honestly thought something else would go wrong on the way here, especially after the phone call my uncles gave me five minutes ago.

Five minutes ago,

I was wiping some of the blood of Junhee's forehead when my phone rang. My eyes widened when I saw that my Uncle was calling me.

"Thank god you called! I was going to call you; we have a situation..." He cut me off immediately.

"I know what the situation is, Junghyun called me." he started. "I just called to hurry you along. I have everything arranged, bring her here as fast as you can" With that, he cuts the call.

Annoyed that yet again, I am hung up on. I stared at my phone like it grew a head and wondering if this was national hang up the phone on Jungkook day. Jerking my phone back into my pocket, I relayed the encouraging message from my Uncle to Yoongi. He gave me a wtf look, nodded his head, and increases the speed just a little, trying not to swerve in the road.

Jimin broke into my reverie. "Jungkook, we are here,"

Looking out the window, I saw the familiar mansion of my Uncle Max. He's loaded and was not ashamed to show it or flaunt it to us, little people. The guard waved us in through the main entrance, already aware of our pending arrival.

As the car neared the house, I spied my cousin Tom standing at the end of the walkway, a stretcher by his side. Before Yoongi could park the car in the garage, Tom ripped open the back door closest to him, pulled Jimin out, and placed his hands under Junhee's waist to hoist her onto the stretcher. After we got her situated, he nodded his head in a follow-me motion and began to push the gurney to our destination. We went inside, trekking through the large hallway. It had a chandler on the ceiling in the middle of the hall, spiral of staircases at both ends leading to a common hallway on the first floor for guest rooms, and closed doors of rooms on either side beneath the staircases. It was the epitome of luxury, but it never suited me. I always liked things plain and elegant.

I dared to ask Tom what was going on, but he shook his head at me and said, "Later,"

I frowned at him in annoyance, he may be my cousin, but right now I wanted to throttle him. After reaching the end of the hall, we took a right turn, moving into the living room. Tom stopped before the fireplace reaching up to a box on the mantel, opening it, and tapped what appeared to be buttons inside of it.

Tap

Tap

Tap

A loud whoosh sounds echoed through the room as a shift in the wall opened up and slid to our left, making me jump slightly. Staring at the opening, I was sure I was dreaming. I had to be because I had been in this house thousands of times and have never seen anything amiss. Movement out of the corner of my eye kicked me back into reality, Tom still leading the stretcher, was entering what appeared to be an elevator, hitting a button on the panel.

Tom turned to find us stuck in our spots and snarled at us. "By all means, take your time, we have all the time in the world."

The annoyance in his voice propelled us into action, and we entered the elevator, taking up different positions, so we didn't bump into the stretcher. As we began descending, I stared at Tom, letting him know I was unhappy with his unwillingness to share any information. I thought the message was received, as he kept shifting from foot to foot. I smirked and kept staring at him.