Chapter - 3

"How long you had been standing there?" Junghyun asked as he observed me standing by the door.

The pain and emptiness behind his eyes were quickly gone and replaced with his blank stare as he scrutinizes me with his patronizing eyes.

How can his expression change so quickly?

"Well...not too long," I said feebly - trying not to quiver and give away my lie.

He raised his eyebrow as if challenging me to repeat that.

"Alright?" he trailed off , "Now tell me how much of it you have listened to?" he demanded with his arms crossed across his chest, making him look intimidating.

Well, should I tell him? I asked myself.

"Not much, trust me "

This time, he fell into my lie and nodded, then turned back to Junhee.

I stood next to him and looked at her. Her condition seemed better. She looked so peaceful with her eyes closed and calm posture.

How things would be much better only if she was.

"Whenever we would fight, she would always say. Junghyun, one day when I would be gone, then you'll realize how much you love me." Junghyun says, "I used to shrug it off but now seeing her like this, it's like those words are coming to life," his voice cracked as a sob broke out from his mouth.

I was surprised for a second that he was finally letting out his emotions, and there I thought he could not express his feelings.

Maybe because I was a stranger, so he was holding himself back.

Junghyun tried to hold back his tears, but I could see what it was doing to him. I got some courage and patted his back. He first tensed, making me feel stupid on my bold move, but then he relaxed. He silently sobbed.

I kept on murmuring 'it will be fine' to him and myself. I don't know how long we stayed like this, but I let him pour his heart out. It would help him in handling things later. All these pent-up emotions would eat him up from inside.

After a few minutes, he got normal and straightened up; thankfully there was no awkwardness in the air, just a comfortable silence.

"Thanks for that, I guess I just needed it," he mumbled softly. I smiled and didn't know what came to me as I moved forward and ruffled his hair - an instinct, just like I do with Yoongi.

"Don't fret it too much you can rely on me for anything, OK?" I rush out to cover up my gesture. I almost freaked out as he looked shocked for a second but soon recovered and smiled back, saving me from my embarrassment. We fell back to silence again. I was about to go when his phone started ringing. He stood up and went to the window, leaning on the sill, and glanced at his phone.

"Stop calling me, I can't give you any answers to any of your questions right now," Junghyun whisper yelled and cut the call, pushing his phone down back to his pocket. But after some time, it rang again.

"I think you should answer it," I suggested but he glared back at me.

"God, I was just saying, no need to get so worked up," I said in my defense.

He sighed and got up to stand near the window and stared out of it.

I watched him, inspecting his every move. He stood near the window and looked outside, but I could tell that he was just lost in his thoughts because of his hooded eyes. I knew he was back to being a closed book, but I wanted to try my luck one last time.

"Can I ask you why those people are behind her?" I must have asked something wrong, as he shot daggers at me with his eyes - clearly not happy from my questioning,