TWIST OF FATE PART 1

"That's okay Mr Coman, you should get going now", Nesta said as she opened the door for him. "Good night Nesta I'll see you tomorrow", Richie replied. "Don't forget to come early, we have to do miss Sally's work", Nesta said as she closed the door. "I still can't believe he just did that", Nesta said

"Hurry Freda we're going to be late!", Mercy said as she tied her hair backwards. Freda showed up behind her infront of the mirror. "Why that long face", Mercy asked as she stared at her through the mirror. "I don't know how I'm going to act in school today. Yesterday I was totally embarrassed infront of Ben. How am I going to stand him now", Freda replied as she dropped to the couch. "Hey hey sis come on don't worry. I'm sure Ben won't make a big deal out of this", Mercy replied. "That's what you think", Freda replied. A car started horning outside their house. "That must be Ken, let's go", Mercy said as she pulled Freda out of the couch.
"Good morning Ken", Mercy greeted as they got to the car. "Good morning Ladies ", Ken replied. Freda didn't respond so he said it again "Whatever", Freda said as she opened the front door and took her seat. "About what happened yesterday....", Ken said. "Shut it!", Freda yelled as she threw her bag on him. "You owe me two ice creams today", She said as she folded her arms. "you had the guts to laugh at your bestie. You're so in trouble",she added. Mercy just giggled as she sat in  the back seat.

Nesta opened the door to the class and to her surprise no one was in "that's weird, it's almost 8", She said as she looked at her wrist watch. Just then, the door opened and Lavender walked in. "Hey there Lavender", Nesta said. "Hey Nesta, how are you doing?", Lavender asked. "I'm good girl and you?", Nesta also asked. "I'm great". She opened the desk and dropped her bag in it. "Hey Nesta when I was coming I heard a lot of people talking about you", Lavender said. "Me?, what did I do. Oh lemme guess. It's because of what happened yesterday", Nesta said. "Yeah. They're saying you said no to Richie. No one has ever done that", Lavender replied. "That's what is wrong with humanity these days. They see every change to be bad. I did what I had to do when he tried to buy me. That's what everyone should do", Nesta said. "But if it was to be me there's no way I'd be able to turn him down", Lavender said. "Why not?", Nesta asked quite surprised. Just before Lavender could answer, the bell sounded and everyone walked in. "We'll talk later", Lavender whispered to her. 
"Everyone listen to me!", John said as he mounted the platform. "As my duty as class rep, I must make sure the class is always organized and well behaved. Since Miss Sally is not yet in I'd like us to use this period to finish our projects".

Just then the door opened and Richie walked in. He was dressed in a black hoodies and a blue trouser. He walked straight to his seat without talking to any of his boys. All eyes were still on him till he sat down. He brought down his hood and realized everyone was looking at him. "What's wrong?", He asked. They all shook their heads and turned back to John

It was break time and everyone was out. Everyone but Richie. He was still in his chair writing something in a note book.
"Hey man", Mike said as he entered the room. "Watcha doin. Let's go have some fun", he said. "Not now Mike", he replied as he put his head on the table. Nesta and Lavender walked in few seconds later.  They had gone for their lunch from the canteen. "Hey", Richie said. "Hey", Nesta replied. "Didn't you go for lunch", she asked. "Noo , I don't eat that kinda food they give at the canteen. It's definitely not my thing to consume public foods", Richie replied. "Oh I see", Nesta replied. "I thought you said you've changed. I guess not", she said to herself

"I can't believe that actually happened to you", Cindy said as Freda told them her tragedy. "This is so not good. I can't believe Ben saw you like that", Thelma added. "I know girls. Now I'll feel embarrassed anytime I see him". Just before she could end her sentence, Ben showed up in front of her

............To be continued