They can't take it no more.

*No POV/Third Person POV*
*December 24th :)*

A holly and jolly day, til the kids get home.

Vance doesn't like to go home for specific reasons(the reasons are in chapter 11 a.k.a Cherry Bomb).

Vance likes to get home as late as he possibly can, because he simply doesn't like to be there.

But sadly, no matter how long he stays out, he always has to go home.

And every time he does, his father does things that no father should do.

And at some point of these things happening to a person, they get sick and tired of it to a point where they just 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 anymore.

I guess it's not that hard to tell what Vance did.

...

I guess there's no other way to say it either.

Vance shot himself.

An hour after he got home and his father was done doing what he did, Vance grabbed his self defense gun and decided to get it over with.

Of course he wasn't a terrible person, he left a note.

"𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑏𝑎𝑠𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑦, 𝐼 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟. 𝐵𝑟𝑢𝑐𝑒, 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦. 𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑦, 𝑅𝑜𝑏𝑖𝑛, 𝐺𝑟𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑖𝑛, 𝐵𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑦, 𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠. 𝐼𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑑𝑜 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠, 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑, ℎ𝑒 (explaining what his father did to him). 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑖𝑡. 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠, 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒. -𝑉𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒"

Was what the note said. Bruce was the one that found him, his father was too fucking lazy to be making sure his son wasn't laying on the floor with a bullet in his head and a gun in his hand, so he went to work without checking on him.

The first thing Bruce did was call the police and an ambulance, then he seen the note and read it.

"Oh my poor baby..." Bruce whispered, tear drops falling on to the paper as he finished reading it.

Finney, Robin, and the rest of them showed up soon after, everybody read the note and eventually the police went and arrested Vance's father.

They took Vance to the hospital and Finney  Bruce, Robin, Billy, and Griffin rode along in the back of the ambulance with them.

What a great way to spend Christmas Eve. Right?

...

They spent Christmas with Vance in the hospital, and slowly one by one, they all started to leave him alone in that sad plain hospital room 'til nobody was left with him other than Bruce.