do you ever stop to think about me?

"Humari bhabi kaisi ho?
Sara bhabi jaisi ho!"

The screams are getting out of hand now. Ishan felt so annoyed that he didn't even want to watch the match anymore.

But, then again, it's the world cup semi finals! How could he not watch?
Especially when his bestfriend is about to hit a dynamic century?

"Prasidh, go on the field and check on Shub!"

Rohit bhaiya's scream brought Ishan out of his reverie.

"Check on Shub? what?"

His eyes went to the field. Shubman was injured.

no.
NO.
He was on 79!

Hitting a century in the world cup semis wasn't everyone's cup of tea...Shubman was doing it so well!

Prasidh had rushed to the field by then.
Ishan, snapping out of his thoughts, ran to the field.

The physio came there too. While Shubman's hamstring was being checked, Ishan had his fingers crossed.

PLEASE, PLEASE GOD, HE DESERVES THIS CENTURY!

The physio said it would be better for Shubman to not play. They couldn't risk a greater injury before the finals!

Ishan's heart sank.

While going back to the pavillion, Shubman's eyes went towards his parents. His mother was clapping. He knew how proud she was, but he wished he could score a century in front of her...!

Wait, where is his father? He must be coming to meet him...That cheered Shubman up.
His father was his superhero. Whatever Shubman is today, is all because of his father.

Shubman's eyes were now searching for someone else.
Oh, where is she?

Is he coming to meet him too?

Suddenly, everything around Shubman faded away. Nothing mattered to him anymore...

Once reaching the dugout, everyone was hugging him, congratulating and comforting him.
Rohit bhaiya whispered in his ears, "Sara ayi hain dressing room mein, mil le usse."

(Sara came to the dressing room, go and meet her)

Shubman's eyes lit up...he rushed upstairs to meet HER.

As Shubman met Sara in the dressing room, suddenly his regret disappeared!
Her warm hugs, her words, were everything to him.

"I'm so proud of you Shubi, you played so well ! Uncle and aunty were so happy as well ! And do you know what Papa said-"

Their talks went on for the next 20 minutes.
When Sara was going back after the final "I love you"-s, Shubman felt a lot lighter...

What magic did she have embedded in herself?

When Shubman came to the dugouts, Virat bhaiya was in 70s...

He felt a lot of adrenaline rush at that very moment...

He saw that the chair beside Ishan was still empty. He went and sat beside his bestfriend.

Ishan said, " well played."

OH.

Shubman looked at Ishan.

Ishan was completely drenched in the game, just like everyone else, as Virat Kohli was about to hit his 50th odi century!

Well, except Shubman.

All the regret for not hitting the century was coming back to him, now mixed with a new regret of not even talking to Ishan once after coming back.

All of the magic that Sara did was fading away, now that Ishan wasn't talking to him.