A day out

After the Weasley family plus two Potters finished Lunch, Molly looked at Arthur who nodded back in understanding.

"Harry, Emma dears? Could you come and speak to Arthur and myself for a few minutes please?"

Ron wanted Harry to come and play Quidditch but he could tell his parents were dead serious about something and decided not to voice any objections. The Twins looked relieved that their parents were taking Harry and Emma's home life seriously.

Harry and Emma looked at each other "Uh... sure!" he said "Have we done something wrong?"

"No, no it's not you but we really need to talk. Boys, Ginny could you occupy yourselves for a while."

"Certainly mother." Said Percy "I have an essay on the Goblin rebellion of 1612 that needs a little bit of fine editing..."

"Yes that's lovely dear you do that." Said Molly not really paying attention. "Harry, Emma, if you would."

Mr and Mrs Weasley led the last of the Potters into the sitting room and had them sit together on a couch.

"Harry... Emma." Began Molly "Could one of you please explain why you both seem to have been fed so... little?"

Harry looked at Emma, who shrugged, "Our Uncle doesn't like us very... well at all." he said "Actually neither does are Aunt..."

"...or Dudley." Added Emma as an afterthought. The two of them had come to accept that they and the Dursleys would never get along with each other. They were not fully aware of the concerns of Molly and Arthur.

"And what sort of reason is that?" asked Molly "Furthermore why do you stay with you relatives if they don't want you?"

Harry shrugged "Our life is crap, we accepted it a long time ago and learnt not to complain." He and Emma joined hands.

"As long as I have Harry it doesn't matter. That is what I've always believed. What we've always believed" Said Emma

"Harry, Emma." Said Arthur carefully "You do understand that what your relatives did was unacceptable?"

Harry looked at him quizzically "In what way, lots of kids get sent to bed without dinner?"

"Harry there is a difference in being sent to bed without dinner when they've misbehaved and simply not being fed." Said Arthur worryingly.

"You might want to tell the Dursleys that." Said Emma "They just don't like us. While Harry was at school our Uncle suddenly decided he didn't want me fed, despite the fact I was making dinner. After that I told Harry and he told Hagrid, who came round talk to them."

"I would have done that again this time round, but my mail was blocked by some house-elf and Uncle Vernon padlocked Hedwig's cage. So..." said Harry

"Your Aunt and Uncle starved you and there was nothing you could do to stop him." Said Molly, her temper rising.

Arthur looked very grim "Harry, Emma. I think we should tell Professor Dumbledore about this."

Harry looked at him "OK, we were going to write to Hagrid at some point anyway and tell him all this. We promised, but we couldn't use Hedwig..." He looked down, it wasn't fun being powerless.

"Well if you don't mind I would like to floo Albus now?" said Arthur

"If you think that is best." Said Harry "Can we play Quidditch now?"

ORACLE2PHOENIX

"And why can't I learn if Emma is learning?" asked an indignant Ginny. Harry had finally gotten round to fulfilling a promise he made his younger sister. To teach her how to fly. Ginny wanted to learn as well, but the Weasley boys for some reason were against the idea.