300 part 2

Hedwig returned on 27th December. Harry was right, Emma definitely needed the company.

She read his letter where he explained about having found the mirror and having seen them and their parents and also spending the night in the hospital wing with a sleeping draught.

Emma was troubled by this, but the snowy owl that had kept her in contact with her brother clicked her beak as if to say "Don't brood!"

"Is he alright?"

Hedwig blinked a couple of tines and then nodded.

"I'm glad I have you Hedwig, I don't how I'd survive without having you and contact with Harry."

Emma looked sad, Hedwig flew in front of her and clucked her beak in disapproval, brooding was still brooding.

Emma giggled a little "I suppose you're right, still nearly halfway now." Then she frowned again. It was taking forever to make this year pass.

ORACLE2PHOENIX

It was the day after Hermione had arrived back and she was disappointed that the boys had failed to find anything out about Nicholas Flamel, though Harry announced that he'd found a defence book and successfully learnt a shield charm.

Hedwig flew in with the morning post and Harry got a new letter from Emma.

11/01/92

Dear Harry

I've decided to start feeding the Dursley's again; partly because the glaring is getting to me and partly because I feel a little (only a tiny little mind) guilty about ruining their Christmas Dinner. But mainly it because I've run out of food that you sent me for Christmas and even we can't live on nothing but cockroach clusters right? Anyway back to school now. I'm feeling a bit conflicted here, I mean people have been a little bit nice to me since I beat the crap out of Peri Polkiss, let's face it she was a bitch, but these are the same people that spent the previous 5 years teasing me about everything. I don't really think that I can ever call them friends. It's good that I'm going to Hogwarts next year. I can't believe we're only just reaching the half-way point. It's been 132 days since I saw you, and I really, really miss you. Hedwig is great and all but I haven't had a hug for over 4 months now. When you get back here I want you to bear that in mind.

Happy New Year

With love

Emma

XXX

Hermione looked at Harry and saw him frowning "You want to talk about it Harry?"

Harry looked up "Not right now but thanks Hermione."

ORACLE2PHOENIX

29/02/92

Dear Emma

I miss you lots, spring seems to have come to Hogwarts. Two amazing things have happened. First we found Nicholas Flamel, he's the only known maker of the Philosophers Stone, Which can produce the elixir of life that makes you immortal and it can turn any metal into solid gold. We think that's what Hagrid's pet on the Third Floor is Guarding.

Secondly we won the quidditch match against Hufflepuff, we're now in the lead for the house cup and the quidditch cup.

Anyway it looks like Snape is putting pressure on Quirrell to get past the three headed dog. The Exams are coming up in a few month's time, Ron and I think we've got ages but Hermione has threatened us with death if we don't start studying rigorously. Though she was a bit shocked when I turned out to be better at Defence than she was, I've been doing a lot of reading since I got here, I think I've gotten really good personally. Anyway how are the Dursley's keeping, remember no matter what let me know if they become unbearable.