Just My Luck.. [Arranged Marriage to My Teacher] Chapter One

Hey Guys, This is my first story on here, so please, be patient with me, i'm not so used to this yet. haha :) Anyways I'm going to give you a breif description of the characters. :)

Kirsten Price:

She's Born on January 16 1994, making her 17 years old. She has vibrant red hair, green eyes and ivory skin. She stands at a height of 5"6' and is slim by nature. She's in her last year of High school.

Ezra Williams:

He's 22 years old, born on September 12 1988, meaning he's turning 23 shortly. He has slightly shaggy brown hair, blue/grey eyes and tanned skin. (Think Jared Padalecki, I know I am) He's fresh out of university and it's first year as an English teacher

I think those are the only two that are really important. On with the story...

---

It's the first day of classes, and I'm pretty stoked for it. You would be too if it was your first day of senior year. It's going to be the best year of our lives; it's also that much closer to freedom.  I've been attending this high school for the past few years, and let me tell you this, I'm sick of it's walls. I'm tired of the same rooms, same faces, and same teachers year after year. I like change, it's almost more important than oxygen. That's why I'm glad I have English with Mr. Williams, he's a fresh face, new to the school, actually this is his first year of being a teacher. If  he wasn't my teacher I don't know if I'd want to know who I'd get. They're all a bunch of up tight, strict old women. 

School hasn't  started yet, we still have approximately 10 minutes before class. I'm standing outside having a smoke waiting for my best friend, Mikayla to show up. Before you start on me about smoking, stop, it's not like you've never done anything bad in life.  She showed up blabbering about how our English teacher is so hot and apparently single so she can't wait to get into his room and gawk at him. I honestly could care less about what he looks like. All I cared about was if he was a good teacher and this year's English curriculum. But before we had to worry about that, we had first block. We both head off to our first blocks rushing before we're tardy on the first day. We didn't want to start the school year off on the wrong foot. I made it with a minute to spare with Mikayla having to rush down the hallway to another class. 

Ten am rolled around and it was time for second block. Time to see if Mr. Williams was in fact "a gorgeous specimen of man" and more importantly to see if he'd be a good teacher.  I sat in a desk three rows from the front, and in the center of the class, Mikayla was sitting right beside me. She was seeming to have troubles closing her mouth, I swear she was drooling. I'll admit he's good looking, but that means hardly anything.  Ten o' five rolled around and the teacher he was talking to exited the room before he turned to us.

"Good morning," he paused to smile before he continued to speak, "I am Mr. Williams, and if you haven't guessed I'm your English teacher."

Sing-song voices chorused, "Morning Mr. Williams" back at him. Most of the girls in the room were batting their eyelashes and smiling at him. 

He told us to pull out our binders and started handing out papers with which books we'd be covering this year and his expectations. So far he seems pretty reasonable.  We then proceeded to take notes on the informal essay we had to write for him by Wednesday on "Change in the World". My mind immediately went into overdrive on what to write about specifically. I'm thinking possibly either, world hunger or world finances. With twenty minutes left of class he had us go around and introduce ourselves, stating our name, age, favourite book, and something else about ourselves. He started us off.

"My Name is Ezra Williams, I'm 22 years old, My favourite book has to be Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, I love how what he says sounds so far fetched but if you really think about it the same ideas are actually being practised in todays day and age. Also, something about myself? Hmm, I love reading, I love adventure and I love stability and routine. Next?"

It finally made it's way around the room and was now Mikayla's turn, her face was quite rapidly turning a bright scarlet as she began. "I'm Mikayla Lutz, I'm 17, I love The Twilight Saga, I find it fun and an interesting read. I love to dance, draw and sing. Music is my life really."

I love Mikayla dearly, but I don't agree with some of her interests, like books sadly. 

"Hello, I'm Kirsten Price, I'm 17 years of age, My favourite book has to be Anne Of Green Gables by LM Montgomery, I find it captivating. Something about myself would be, I love reading, adventure and change." I say hoping I didn't stumble over any of my words, I'm by no means a good public speaker.

When I got home after school today I was preparing to call Mikayla and talk for a while before starting my essay. Before i even got a foot on the stairs to go up to my room my mom called to me, "Kirstie dear? Please go get into something nice, we're having company for dinner." 

Ugh, there goes my plans.

-----------

I know it's short but it's just the beginning. The chapters will get longer.

Feedback? I'd love some, it's help me grow as a writer and improve my stories. I'd tell you whatever you say won't hurt me, but I'm human so i can't. however I will tell you whatever you say will help me grow as a writer. 

xoxo Nicole