16. Key towards Darkness

Vikram's daily routine underwent a significant change when he began living with Ahivati. He used to wake up every morning with her and then head to the Royal Court to attend meetings as the Water Sage with Shashidhar. In the evening, he would visit Bhavan to meet his sisters, Hriday, and the sages. Living with Ahivati, having his sisters, Hriday, and the sages around him, and being a part of the Royal Court was beneficial for his overall health. However, he still missed his parents and friends dearly.

Two months had passed and in a week or two, it was the wedding of Vikram and Ahivati. A week before, the Lion Pandits had been invited by Bhujgendra to discuss the date of marriage. It was the Trayodashi of the Shukla Paksha of the month Maargashirsha, and today was Panchami, the fifth day of the lunar month. The preparations for the big day had begun. Vikram was getting ready to leave for a meeting when Ahivati, who had just woken up, hugged him and wished him good morning. He asked her if she had slept well, and she nodded before he left for the court.

He arrived at the location where everyone was already present. After greeting everyone, he took his seat. Bhujgendra proceeded to make some announcements about the big day, which resulted in everyone cheering. Following the meeting, Vikram left the court and began wandering around the garden while deep in thought. Suddenly, Shashidhar arrived, and Vikram greeted him by touching his feet and hugging him. Shashidhar then informed Vikram that he had some important matters to discuss with him, and suggested they go to Bhavan. Vikram agreed, and they both left for Bhavan.

Upon reaching Bhavan, Vikram surprised all of them by announcing that his wedding was fast approaching and that the big day was going to be on Trayodashi. Everyone congratulated him and Hriday suggested that they start all the preparations as soon as possible since time was running out. Meanwhile, the three sages asked the group to join them on the balcony. The group was curious about what the sages had to say to them.

When six of them stepped out onto the balcony, Indradatt addressed the group, saying, "There is much more we need to tell you today. First and foremost, take these cloaks." The sages handed their cloaks to their grandchildren, who excitedly put them on and felt a sense of achievement. However, the three knew that defeating the Dark Queen was the ultimate goal and until then, they would remain below their peak potential.

Raghavendra continued the story, his voice low and steady. "The three of us, Indradatt, Shashidhar, and I were students of the Great Sage Ramaraman Khedekar. Our Guruvar taught us about the power of the elements, and we learned how to harness them. However, the Dark Queen's grandfather, who was also a student of our Guruvar, was envious of us. We three were always better than him in everything, and his jealousy consumed him. He started a war against us."

Indradatt interjected, "But our Guruvar was not one to be trifled with. With his help, we were able to defeat the Dark Queen's grandfather and his army."

Shashidhar added, "Our Guruvar then sealed him in Tamaslok, a place he created. Six Orders were used as keys to seal it, and these orders were magical books with immense powers. The Orders were The Order of Earth, The Order of Flame, The Order of Wind, The Order of Sky, The Order of Thunder, and The Order of Sea. It is believed that the twelve ministers have all the shards of The Orders."

Vikram's eyes widened as he listened closely to the story. "So, I killed the Lower 6 and Lower 5, and they had the Shards of The Order of Earth?"

Shashidhar nodded, "Yes, that's right. Raghav, show the Shards to him."

Raghavendra stepped forward, holding up two glittering shards. "These are the Shards of The Order of Earth."

The three of them watched as Raghavendra brought the shards together. There was a blinding flash, and a thick cloud of smoke filled the room. When the smoke cleared, the two shards had joined together to form The Order of Earth.

"Opening the gate of Tamaslok from these dimensions is a challenging task that requires the completion of the 6 Orders. However, I have full confidence in you and your abilities. You three are dedicated to your training, and I am certain that you will be able to find the other 5 Shrads and defeat the next Ranked Ministers. You have my trust, so go out there and show us what you're made of, kids!" Indradatt said with a smile. After his speech, the kids hugged their respective grandpas, feeling confident and ready for their next adventure.

During the night, Vikram stayed at Bhavan at the request of his companions. They enjoyed a pleasant dinner and conversation, after which the three of them discussed their next steps. "Now that we have Earth, we need the other five. I think we should search Mayalok more thoroughly for secrets. What do you both think?" Vikram suggested. Pavitra agreed, "You're right, Vikram." Kadambari raised a concern, "But what about your wedding, Vikram? You can't just leave everything like that. The big day is only a week away." Vikram replied, "I know, Kad. But His Highness is going to crown me as the emperor, and I need to talk to him about it. It's already late now, you guys should sleep. I'll return to the palace." They both agreed, and they parted ways.

Vikram arrived at the palace feeling tense about what might happen next. However, he tried to convince himself not to overthink things as he was going to marry Ahivati in the following week. He went to Ahivati's room and found her on the balcony. Vikram hugged her from behind, and it made him feel relieved. Ahivati turned around and asked, "What happened Adi? You look tense." Vikram didn't say anything. Ahivati then said, "Swear on me that everything is fine." Vikram couldn't hide it anymore, so he took her into the room, and they both sat on the couch. He explained everything to her, and she was surprised. She hugged him and said, "Don't worry. I am here with you. The Maharshigan is also there, your sisters and Hriday are there for you." Vikram felt good, and they both went to sleep. This time Vikram held her while sleeping as he was worried. Ahivati understood his anxiety.

As our Heroes continue their quest, their journey seems to become more perilous with each passing moment. With the acquisition of The Order of Earth, they are one step closer to their ultimate goal of defeating the Dark Queen, but what lies ahead is still shrouded in mystery. Will they meet someone who possesses the knowledge and power to aid them on their journey? Or will they need to rely solely on their strength and wit? The anticipation is palpable as we await the next chapter in this epic tale.

To be continued...