8. The Understanding

They were standing in the court of King Bhujgendra. He said, "Pranam Maharshigan. Who are these three Young Warriors? It's a pleasure to meet you three. What are your names?". Vikram bent on his knee and bowed his head as a form of salutation. He said, "I am Vikramaditya Khedekar, Your Highness. I am the Grandson of Maharshi Shashidhar." Pavitra and Kadambari also bowed and introduced themselves.

The King then asked if they were the next Great Sages of this Lok, to which the three of them were surprised and felt his warmth in his talk. Suddenly, the princess, Ahivati, arrived. Her beauty was indescribable, with her small eyes, sky blue iris, sharp pupils, and dark blue hair. She wore a white blouse around her chest and a white-coloured Dhotar-like cloth around her waist. She had lower body that of a White Snake.

Bhujgendra and Ahivati were half humans and half snakes. Snakes were considered divine in Mayalok as the people worshipped Bhagwan Shankar. Snakes in Mayalok were different from those found on Earth. Ahivati asked Pitashri, "Who are these three? Are they new warriors here?" To which Bhujgendra responded, "They are the grandchildren of the Maharshigan. Kadambari is the granddaughter of Maharshi Indradatt, Pavitra is the granddaughter of Maharshi Raghavendra, and Vikram is the grandson of Maharshi Shashidhar."

Ahivati was unable to take her eyes off Vikram, captivated by his striking beauty. He was tall with a fit and toned physique that exuded confidence. His hair was styled in an artful man bun, with long strands framing his chiselled face. Ahivati couldn't help but notice the unique colour of his hair - a regal shade of blue with subtle streaks of yellow. And then there were his eyes - deep and penetrating as if they could see right through her. She found herself lost in a daydream, unable to shake off the powerful allure of Vikram's presence.

Bhujgendra then asked the Maharshigan how long it would take for the three warriors to master their skills. Maharshi Indradatt replied that it depended on how much they trained, while Maharshi Shashidhar said that they could start training them from tomorrow if allowed. Bhujgendra agreed, and Ahivati offered to make their living arrangements in the palace. However, Vikram declined the offer, explaining that he wanted to live with his grandfather and train to become his true successor. Impressed by his words, Ahivati wanted to talk more with him, but Vikram asked for Mayanaresh's permission to leave, which was granted.

The three sages and their grandchildren then left the palace and went to their Bhavan. There Vikram met Shashidhar's elder brother, Mahadev Vaidya and Mahadev's Grandchildren, Hriday and his younger sister Mrinmayee Palekar. While having, Shashidhar explained to them that their world had frozen, which was caused by the Dark Queen of the Frogs, who gained powers and froze all the worlds in this universe. Pavitra, Kadambari, and Vikram were the successors and would live in this world for the rest of their lives. However, they were not aware that as someone gained the power of Elements, they became immortal. The three of them were taken aback, but then they remembered they were no longer human.

Vikram was curious about the Dark Queen and her intentions. He wanted to know her name and was determined to finish her at any cost. He was also curious about how the three Great Sages were chosen. Shashidhar explained that the Dark Queen was unknown and she had 12 powerful ministers who were excellent warriors of the Dark Elements. The conflict began with the one of Great Sages' friend, who became greedy for power and started a war. The Great Sages were victorious, and their friend was killed. The Frogs had attacked them many times, but the Great Sages successfully defeated them. However, since Dark Queen had taken the throne, the Frogs had grown stronger. The Great Sages needed to defeat them as soon as possible, or Mayalok would perish.

Suddenly, Vikram fell silent, causing Pavitra and Kadambari to worry. He then pledged to defeat the Dark Queen on his own, no matter what it takes. Hriday, Mrinmayee, Pavitra, and Kadambari declared their support for him. Their grandfathers were impressed and promised to start their training the next day.

To be continued...