17. Escapades

A kiss.

It was late, too late. The car was already feeling warm. There was a gush of overwhelming emotions. Exhilaration, desire, tension and hesitation. The spark was present, the nerves were there. At the back of Umeed's head, she was already preparing herself to get scolded by Pasha Sahab, but that was an irrelevant secondary thought.

A few stolen glances and a small conversation which was just to break the tension. Now they both sat, fighting the thoughts in their head. Umeed was clinging onto her seatbelt like her life depended on it. Farjaad's knuckles were starting to go white because of his deathly grip on the steering wheel. Both of them were refusing to speak, both of them were playing the same thing in their head.

Farjaad had parked the car at a distance from the house because he knew Sameer would park Umeed's car in front of the gate. Now they waited for Sameer and Haya to come, who were oddly late considering they had left first.

Once again, that was not Umeed's concern. She had one thing taking over her mind, an emotion she never felt before. An odd warmth in her stomach, a rush of new chemicals that she did not encounter to such an extent. It was frustrating her beyond what she could bear.

Her heart was beating rapidly, her breaths were ragged. She felt electricity shooting through her spine and it was making her feel impeded from breathing normally. She looked for reasons, but knew that the reason for her instability was the man to her right.

As for the man, he gulped. His self-control was being tested as he stared ahead, afraid of what might happen if he looked to his left. She was driving him crazy. He was very close to losing his steering wheel throughout the drive because he could feel her blazing stare burn him to his core.

Only she could make him wake up in the middle of the night. Only she could get away with calling him her husband. If anything, it made Farjaad heat up. Being her husband resounded to be an appealing image.

Umeed felt the intensity congest her, and reached for the buckle to remove her seatbelt.

She tried unbuckling, pressing down but finding difficulty. She couldn't understand whether it was her or whether the buckle was genuinely stuck. Her heartbeat surged and she felt herself tense up even more.

Farjaad noticed her attempts to unbuckle herself, and he spent a fast second in his head trying to think of what to do. Seeing her repeated attempts, he decided the sensible thing was to help her.

It was not.

It was far from sensible.

He glanced at her, who was now not focused on the buckle, but rather him, who was much closer. His elbow was resting on the armrest and his head was an inch from hers. Both of them stared at one another, taking in the new proximity between them and unable to decide what to do next.

Umeed stared at his lashes, never noticing how long and luscious they were. She was also foreign to the scent of his perfume, liking it a lot. This scent was going to haunt her in her sleep.

She felt herself leaning towards it.

Farjaad observed her eyes. Bright, round, breathtaking. His wish would be to get lost in them. Their glow was alluring. He glanced down at her spaced lips; pink, plump and irresistible. He was unaware of why she was getting closer. He could not understand if it was him or her.

But he slowly gave in.

Slow gradual movement on both ends until their lips met. Soft, sweet, better than they could have ever imagined. It was real, it was happening.

The loud thudding of her heart was deafening her, but her heart was ecstatic, happy, wanting this more than anything.

Farjaad felt himself turn warm, the heart crawling up his neck. The tension sliced through him. But there was not a hint of regret. He was loving every second passing by.