Treasure hunt

It has been a week and a couple of days since then and LA has gone crazy. Why? Well, a well-known author has decided to host an LA-wide treasure hunt based on clues from his books. Of course, that means idiots are a common sight. At least I know that I am earning my time off. I just hope that no one is taking it seriously enough to risk their lives. Knowing what Money makes people do that would not be happening. As if on cue the signal bell goes. With that, we spring into action. So much for peace and quiet. After what feels like an eternity we are about to arrive at the scene. Right now we are getting our report from Maddie.

"Rangers think the bottle may have come from the headwaters of the creak south by southwest of your position. Near the rocks," Maddie reports to the rescue helicopter. That will be a bit of a hike.

"Copy that," The pilot announces. It doesn't take long for us to reach the starting point. Some of the ragers are already there. They are preparing as well. As soon as the ambulance comes to a stop I leap out and join the others.

"That's eight thousand acres to search. we are going to be here for a while," I remarked. The good thing is we have the rescue helicopter out. That will make our search easier.

"Are they sure someone is even up there? That bottle could have been floating up there for months," Buck asks the million-dollar question.

"Which means our search and rescue will become a search and recovery," Hen completes his thought. The thing is a part of me remains hopeful that we can find our victim alive.

"The note was written on a receipt. Rangers checked the date. It was from five days ago," Bobby confirms the timeline with us.

"I sure hope it wasn't their last meal," Buck remarks as the helicopter pilot brings the helicopter in to land

"We see you, Captain Nash. We are coming in now," The pilot acknowledges as he skillfully lands the helicopter. It will always be a sight to see.

"Copy that," Bobby responds. With that out of the way, Bobby turns his attention to us.

"Ok Ella, Eddie, gear up you're going with them," Bobby distributes his orders. I quickly let Eddie know that he is going to be the one rappelling down. Normally I wouldn't mind being harnessed up and lowered down but since the last time I was in a helicopter I'd rather stay in said helicopter. With a few swift movements, I grab the medical kit and the life pack. I take a deep breath as I make the mad dash to the helicopter. Once we are airborne the search finally begins. As I double-check Eddie's safety harness I listen in on the radio chatter.

"Ok, the first quadrant is right over that ridge. Head up to the devil's point. A lot of hikers get stuck up there," Bobby orders. I turn my attention to the scenery outside the window.

"Copy that, Cap," I acknowledge.

"Hey Eddie there is a river. I'm pretty sure that's where they threw the bottle in," I say as I spot a small river.

"I think I see something," Eddie adds as a bright green tent comes into view.

"Ok, we've got him. Let's get into a hover position," I order. Thankfully it doesn't take long for the helicopter to get into the appropriate position. As soon as Eddie and I have the door open I notice that there is the slightest possibility that he is dehydrated.

"He might need this," I say as I pass a spare water bottle to him.

"Ready?" Now for the hard part. Watching someone jump out of a perfectly good helicopter. Admittedly it is so Eddie can do his job.

"Piece of cake," Eddie confirms like a madman. With that, I get to work on helping Eddie down as the pilot makes the customary announcement. After what feels like an eternity Eddie is finally on the ground and the pilot gives the announcement that I needed.