[Re-write] CHAPTER 9 : Feeling overwhelmed

Both Just and Friend have been swamped with work this week, barely seeing each other's faces. Just is busy preparing for the grand launch of his hostel. Meanwhile, Friend is experiencing an extremely high influx of review possibilities, leading him to film videos back-to-back for several days, barely getting anywhere.

Just woke up early this morning, frantically showering and going through his routine because he had plans for a photographer friend to come help him capture images of the place to upload online for promotions.

Buzz Buzz~

Just's phone pings while he's busy hanging up the drawings he commissioned from Friend a few weeks ago but put off until the last minute, prompting him to scramble and get them up before his camera-wielding friend arrives.

Buzz Buzz~

His phone rings once more. After tapping the drawings on the wall behind the front desk, he swiftly hops out of his chair. He dashes over to pick up his phone from the table.

[The Cool Guy, TongTong]

"Hello,"

(I'm almost there, just checking to make sure I should turn into the road with the Shell gas station at the entrance, correct?)

"That's right. You'll see it if you go straight in."

(Are there any signs or landmarks?)

"Find the 'Just Stay Here Hostel' sign. When you get there, park on the side."

('Kay)

Just hangs up the phone and sets it down, remembering that TongTong will have to park in front of Friend's house. So he goes out front to see whether the little boy is awake yet, hoping to get permission to park there for a while.

The long legs march up to the front gate of Friend's house. When he notices it is ajar, he cautiously pushes it open further before calling into the house to summon the owner.

"Friend!!!"

"..."

"Friend!!! Are you home?"

"..."

"You left your front door open!"

A startled Friend emerges from the back kitchen. "I was crapping; why the hell'd you scream like that?"

"Oh sorry,"

"Whaddya want this early?" the tiny boy inquires as he approaches Just.

"My photographer friend's coming to snap pics to review online, so I want to ask permission to let him park here for a bit."

"Oh, sure, go ahead."

"Many thanks," Just says, turning to return to the hostel. "Oh, yeah, come eat with us if you are hungry; I ordered food for a friend as well."

"Actually, I've already eaten some."

"Got it,"

"I will let you know if I get hungry again." Friend says with a slight smile to the other.

A car comes up alongside the pavement in front of Friend's house not long after Just returns. The small guy sitting in front of the television simply tilts his neck to catch a fleeting peek before returning his attention to the screen.

TongTong jumps out of the driver's seat and opens the back door, grabbing his camera bag and slinging it over his shoulder. He also grabs his light stand gear and soft box, tucking them under his arm before heading straight into the hostel.