[Re-write] CHAPTER 8 : Unable to Endure

Friend startled awake with a gasp and breathed heavily for a long time before settling his thoughts, emotions, and feelings and breathing normally again. Lately, he has been jolting awake early in the morning frequently, particularly on nights when he doesn't draw and goes to bed early. Even though he assumed that sleeping early would allow him to receive complete, quality rest, it has turned out that the earlier he sleeps, the more frequently he wakes up, which he dislikes. It is preferable to go to bed late in the morning and get up around noon.

Or maybe he's just not used to getting up so early anymore.

He got out of bed slowly and walked into the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. He decided not to wear contact lenses this morning because his eyes were sore. He's been wearing contacts for so many hours in a row for the past few days that his eyes have grown rather dry and irritated. So he gets the glasses he left by the bathroom sink the night before and puts them on.

His slim legs slipped into home slippers and made their way downstairs. The kitchen was the first stop for the small figure. He pulled out a thermos and filled it with hot water before plugging it in to heat it up. Then he brings out two slices of bread and a jar of jam from the refrigerator, which he distributes all over before eating away bit by bit until it's gone.

When the water starts to boil, Friend opens a packet of Milo powder and pours it into a cup before adding the hot water. He vigorously stirs until steam rises and fills the air, leading him to open the fridge once more to add some ice cubes to the cup to cool the hot drink and make it easier to drink.

He raises his cup of Milo to sip it, then steps out the front door, sliding it open to allow in some of the morning breeze and sunlight. To go outside, he slips off his house slippers and puts on flip-flops. He notices that Just's car is not parked next door as usual. He finishes the Milo before setting it on the patio table, and he walks over to check on the potted plants he planted in front of the house as decor.

"Sorry, babe, I haven't watered you in many days." Friend remarks unconsciously, then grins at the plants before moving to fetch the hose from the side of the home. He turned on a moderate stream and watered each plant carefully.

"From now on, I will endeavor to provide you with water on a daily basis, all right? That way, you can remain refreshed."

Rattttllle!!!

The loud rumbling slide of the front gate opening causes Friend, who is in the middle of watering plants, to flinch in surprise and look over, his gaze bewildered, but before he can say anything, the tall man speaks up first.

"Talking to plants works too, huh?"

"I can talk to everything."

"Impressive,"

"Yup, I'm impressive," says Friend, elevating his chin.

"I meant you're imaginatively impressive."

"Just!!!"

"I'm just joking! I've never seen you out here watering plants early in the morning before, so I was surprised today," Just says as he walks closer to Friend from his house.

The tiny person asks, "Did you sleep here last night?" as they notice the other person still dressed in pajamas.

"Yeah, I was decorating the room until late, so I just slept here."

"How about your car?"

"I had it washed."

"I mean, I didn't see it parked in front of your house, so I thought you weren't home."

"Why, miss me, huh?" Just teases.

"As if," Friend quips, returning to water the plants.

Just take a look around at all the plants that Friend has grown, as he is also a big fan of plants. Friend grew to appear particularly intriguing because each plant appeared to be distinct and strange.