[Re-write] Introduction

When secret love is revealed and announced openly, the nuance of secret love appears to lose its allure. I've chosen the route of solace, valuing the beauty inherent in true secrets.

As Friend sits, writing a script for tomorrow's shoot, the song "Puen Mai Jing" by Polycat softly vibrates in the background. The melodious tunes come from high-quality speakers he saved up from his YouTube channel, "With Your Friend," which he created a few months ago.

There may not be a clear path to hope, but it will not end in disappointment. It might be enough if it brings your face to my thoughts every day.

Friend hums along with the calming music, his voice echoing the lyrics floating in the air. He listens to peaceful music when writing a script or doing other work because he believes the quiet, sweet tones help him focus. These songs frequently serve as a source of inspiration for him.

Not to mention the Stress Relief scented candle paired with a cup of delicious chamomile tea, which reflects his preference for a romantic, therapeutic atmosphere. These components might sometimes act as motivation for him to create new and original stuff. They can sometimes help alleviate loneliness.

Actually, the fact that his name is Friend but he's not very gregarious, with only a few friends, is one of his flaws. This is one of the reasons he went from being unemployed and kicking dust day by day to being a YouTuber. It's only that he got bored and wanted friends to accompany him when he didn't want to be alone. And it was effective. He gradually rose to prominence as a YouTuber.

However, amassing hundreds of thousands of followers is not easy for him. He devotes a significant amount of effort to developing various kinds of content to upload to his channel. Some are viral, some are quirky, and yet others are a blend of the two. He has also been through his fair share of drama.

Some of his videos were inspired by his own limited notions, which resulted in a barrage of criticism. Despite this, he persisted despite the setbacks. Finally, he recognized that he needed to steer toward content that the viewers would enjoy. Although sticking to an idea in which he felt confident as the major topic for his channel resulted in a reduction in existing followers, it was compensated by an increase in new followers.

Being someone you can rely on is sufficient for me. I don't want to take any more risks since they might not be worth it. Wanting to be an important person, even if only a friend, is enough. I am incomplete without you.

As the song by Polycat reaches this section, his fingers on the computer keyboard pause, and he looks towards his preferred speakers:

"Wait, how can we be just friends?"

Friend sighs deeply. The lyrics hit a raw nerve in his chest, making it impossible for him to turn back and feel that emotion again.

"Forget it; just go away, you jerk."

He taps his photo, which is next to the computer, and it depicts a handsome high school student with a confident demeanor, dressed in short navy blue school shorts that show off his tall and athletic figure. At school, his beautiful skin compliments his star-like appearance. Friend is standing next to him in the shot, at the time with unruly hair and heavy spectacles and a skin so dark it appeared invisible owing to a lack of self-care.

"Forget about me,right?"