[Re-write] CHAPTER 6 : Nonsense I can't take it!

After returning from shopping outside, Friend unpacked stuff from the cloth bag. He needed to replace his supplies at home today because they were running out one or two at a time. Perishables were placed in the refrigerator, while dry goods and other home items were placed on the kitchen shelves.

A cool breeze swept in through the back door this morning, making the tiny one's skin prickle slightly from the chill. He took out an electric kettle, plugged it in, and filled it halfway before pressing the boil button and waiting for it to warm up. Meanwhile, he got a single-serve coffee packet, ripped it open, and slowly poured the contents into a prepared cup.

Steam was billowing along with the sound of the water boiling. Friend grabbed the kettle and poured water into his cup, giving it a quick stir to dissolve the coffee granules. Two clinks rang out as he tapped the spoon on the rim, then raised it to softly blow before taking a cautious first sip. He then went outdoors to enjoy the morning air in the backyard's shaded chill-out area.

"Are you up early, or have you not slept yet?" Just's deep voice cried out, slightly surprising the youngster before he turned to see.

"Up early, obviously. Why the weird question?"

"Well, it's unusual, isn't it? You don't normally wake up this time," Just said.

"Happens, I didn't shoot any clips last night," Friend explained as he sipped another cup of coffee.

"Oh..."

"..." The child stared blankly into Just's face.

"What? Something the matter?" Just inquired, perplexed.

"Hey! It looked like you wanted to say more. So I was waiting," stated Friend.

"No, I was just casually greeting you good morning," Just said, picking up a coconut fiber broom sitting nearby and vigorously sweeping the floor.

"But your expression seemed curious about something," Friend observed, making an unintended sulky face. Though it did not escape Just's keen eye,

"There you are, sulking."

"I didn't do that."

"I clearly saw it just now, didn't I?"

"And you were secretly watching as well; it's become a habit, huh," Friend mumbled, annoyedly sipping his coffee.

"For real?" Just asked, teasingly.

"..."

"Oh, fine, I'll just ask so I don't waste my time," Just said as he dragged the broom over to lean against the wall surrounding Friend's yard, then grinned brightly. "So how come you didn't film any clips last night?"

"..." Friend averted his gaze, refusing to speak.

"Come on, just say it; I really want to know."

"I watched a movie and then fell asleep," Friend mumbled.

"Pfffhahahaha!!" I burst out laughing once Friend finished saying it, causing the tiny one to whip his head and scowl furiously.

"See, that's why I didn't want to say. You just laugh once I tell you."

"Kidding, kidding."

"Then don't ask at all," Friend retorted.

"Have you had breakfast yet? Want to come eat with me? I went to the market early and bought a lot of stuff, so I just invited."

"Would that be all right?"" The small one replied uncertainly.

"Let's eat together," Just insisted.