[Re-write] CHAPTER 2 : Can't take it anymore

Friend took a deep breath as he walked stiffly into the house and sat on the sofa in the living room.

"Damn annoying jerk, just like before," he murmured, shaking his head.

Lost in meditation, the tiny man slumped back on the sofa. He couldn't record a video clip right now because the house next door was still making construction noises. So he grabbed the remote and switched on the television to kill time. But there was nothing exciting to watch on TV.

He even went in and out of Netflix multiple times because he'd previously seen the majority of the movies and shows on there. He'd been looking for something to watch for nearly an hour.

"Arghhhh!" In annoyance, Friend messed up his own hair multiple times.

"If I can't record video clips, then I don't know what else to do!"

He pouted before dropping down on the sofa, wriggling back and forth in annoyance. He would get up early this morning to shoot a new video for his YouTube channel, but the enormous jerk neighbor who was renovating the house next door would stop him. Friend was outraged as a result.

Normally, he preferred to plan his work for each day ahead of time and was usually effective in doing so.

External reasons, however, foiled his intentions today, leaving him unable to carry them out, and he was furious.

"We need to talk about this," Friend said suddenly, sitting up. He scribbled and drew something on a sheet of paper for a long time before standing up and marching out front, saying loudly, "Hey!!!!!" He craned his neck to address the obnoxious neighbor. His voice was amplified.

"Mr. Just is in the bathroom," one of the construction workers who was sitting down for a drink answered Friend.

"Oh, I see; well, I'll return later," Friend responded.

"Did you need anything? I can let him know for you," the worker said.

"No worries, thanks so much!" answered Friend before turning to walk back into his own house.

He dropped the piece of paper on the table and collapsed onto the same sofa from which he had just gotten up. While waiting for his neighbor to exit the bathroom, his thin hand went out to grab the giant teddy bear placed next to him for a cuddle. He watched blankly at the TV show, which was following its storyline.

The lovely breeze that blew in through the open rear door, combined with the background soundtrack from the TV show he had left on, eventually soothed the slim figure reclining on the sofa to sleep.

After all, he'd been awake since the wee hours of the morning. It was easy to fall asleep during these relaxing mid-morning hours with lovely weather.

His eyelids became too heavy to bear.

Sharp features gradually melted into the huge teddy bear.

When Friend was about to fall asleep, he felt someone standing just in front of him, but he couldn't fight the lure of sleep any longer.

Who is he? Why is he so attractive?

Friend could only think to himself because he couldn't open his eyes.

Huh!? Or am I already dead?

No way!

I'm not dead yet.

Waaahhhhh....!!

"Sir..." stated a deep voice, addressing the snoozing individual.

Is that a guardian angel?