036 || Feel

I was exhausted.

I felt like I had been traveling for days, even though it had just been a day. It was strange to feel this tired, but I didn't have the energy to think about it too much.

I sighed to myself, dragging my small suitcase along the hall, my eyes scanning the numbers of the rooms to find mine. My mind wandered back to the conversation I had with Layla a few days ago. To be fair, it had never left my mind.

I shook my head to clear it, finding my room and fumbling with the key. I had to stay focused this weekend. I sighed, opening the door. I couldn't think about:

Max!

"Oh my god!" I yelled, jumping back in shock and hitting my back against the wall.

Max raised an eyebrow at me. He had just walked out of the bathroom. He must have just gotten out of the shower because the only thing he was wearing was a towel around his waist. Thin trails of steam were rising off his skin.

"You okay?" He asked curiously, watching my groan and holding my back where I had hit it.

I straightened again and looked at him. My eyes were dragged by some invisable force to his exposed chest. I could see his v-line creeping over the edge of the towel. I felt heat rush to my cheeks, my heart swiftly racing. I quickly turned around and covered my eyes.

"Max! What the fuck are you doing here?!" I asked loudly, still in shock.

"In my room?" He asked, a little confused. I scowled at the wall.

"This is my room! What are you doing here?" I tried not to think about him standing half-naked behind me.

"No, this is my room." He told me calmly. Then the realization sunk in.

"Uuuugh, that's why Christian upgraded me." I ran a hand down my face. Max sighed.

"He has a twisted sense of humor, that man." Max shook his head. I bit my lips lightly, still focusing on the wall. There was a small pause. "Hawke, please turn around. I can't have a conversation with your back."

"You are." I replied firmly. There was no way I was going to try and talk to him when he looked like that. I wouldn't be able to say anything.

I waited for him to say something. What were we going to do? I was way too tired to find another hotel to stay at. I just wanted to go to sleep. I could barely hold myself up.

I heard the sound of his footsteps behind me. I didn't move. I could feel his presence right behind me. the sound of his soft breathing. My stomach filled with butterflies as I felt his finger brush away the hair, exposing my neck.

My lungs stopped working as soon as his hand wound around my middle, pulling me gently back onto his bare chest. I closed my eyes, trying to calm my racing heart. His breath tickled my neck.

"Look at me, Liefje..." He breathed, the hand around my waist urging me to turn to face him. I complied.

"Max..." I whispered. trying to focus on anything other than his bare chest. "Please, don't." I finished.

I didn't want him to stop. That was the last thing I wanted him to do. He nodded and let his hand drop. There was a long silence. I didn't know what to do. The urge to reach out and touch him was almost overwhelming.

"W-what now?" I asked, taking a step back.

"Well... I go see if there are any other rooms available and you take a shower." His voice was calm. I wetted my lips. I really wanted a shower... "You need it." He chuckled teasingly, walking away into the bedroom to get dressed.